Friendly staff made a wonderful trip to Punta Mita
Reviewed 16 October, 2021
We had a wonderful week in Punta Mita at the W. The best part was the super friendly and helpful staff. From breakfasts with Abraham to poolside with Regina and Angel, everyone was very nice and helpful. I even cut my foot surfing and Kevin took great care of me. We’ll be back for the beautiful resort, but more importantly the wonderful staff.
Don’t overthink it … just book your stay! You won’t regret it.
Reviewed 12 October, 2021
If I could write a love letter to every staff member I met here I would. You know who you are! You are all amazing, caring, patient, full of love, especially towards my daughter Lola. I love how everyone would stop and engage with her, listen patiently to what she wanted to say. Lola felt at home … she will walk around and they would call her by name. Not everyone will take the time to learn your kids name… (just saying) they truly go beyond. (Not just in that regard in every aspect of your stay)
Thank you all for your Extraordinary service. We felt at home since the moment we stepped foot in the hotel. The food is amazing, the service, the views, the pool, the ocean, everything.
You all rock! I can only say thank you and I wish you all the best! Keep dreaming… I know you will all get everything you deserve :)!
I leave with a full heart and can’t wait to be back :)!!!
Ps. To the manager David thank you for all the nice surprises throughout our stay we wish we could thank you personally!
Stunning laid-back luxury
Reviewed 11 October, 2021
Want to get away, be treated ike a rock star in a garden of Eden by the sea, and bask in the sun as you forget all your troubles? The W nails it again at the pristine, gorgeous property staffed with the most attentive, kind people who offer the highest level of genuine, not-stuffy service. This resort is nearly flawless. Several restaurants are available to choose from and each is excellent in its own right. The seating options and locations are many around the two pools and sea. We had a large suite overlooking the beach with its own deck and plunge pool. Amenities were abundant and delighted in the room and the bathroom was one of the greatest we’ve encountered anywhere. The only possible critique would be that a little more furniture would be welcome like a bench at the foot of the bed, a table to dine at if ordering room service, and slightly more deck furniture to make the deck more welcoming and usable. These are small things though. When the manager learned it was our anniversary he arranged for a spectacular dessert to be delivered one evening. And as Marriot Bonvoy members we really felt like our loyalty was appreciated and recognized. W resorts are our go-to getaways when we just want to check in and relax somewhere and it’s as if the managers at our favorite locations talk to each other to find ways to make us feel so welcome whichever W we check into. We aren’t that easy to please, but the W blew us away.
Have I died and gone to heaven?!
Reviewed 6 October, 2021
The comfort of the W Punta de Mita goes way beyond the cozy bed and the gorgeous bathtub and the balcony and the beautiful pools and the bathwater temperature ocean feet from hotel.
It's the joy and welcoming of the staff. They are so happy there that it's contagious.
I attended a wedding there 3 days + nights last week and am still feeling the nurturance and deliciousness of my time there.
The food also was AMAZING! And those that served it made it all the sweeter: Rene, Memo, Francisco, Lalo, Michael, Josiel.
And those that give us rides in the cute golfcarts also added so much: Jaime, Rodrigo, Jorge and more!
I loved the aesthetic at the hotel, too.
I don't drink much (maybe 4 times a year), yet I thoroughly enjoyed the cocktails while I was there! The welcome cocktail – the Flor Sonica – was off the hook! As were the margaritas.
I could go on and on and on ...
Reviewed 6 October, 2021
Positives: Nice grounds, Pretty view, Mostly friendly staff.
1.Tiny room with little storage area (we stayed for 8 nights) which was full of ants.
2. Filthy stained robe when we arrived. When I told the front desk and showed her the picture instead of saying we'd replace it immediately she said it "looks like it may have rubbed against the furniture" huh???
Furthermore it took 3x asking to finally get a clean robe.
3. Mediocre food that's way overpriced ., The "Asian - Fusion Restaurant was a joke. My fish looked like a fish filet and my wife couldn't finish her noodles because they were so salty. The buffet for 90.00 a person supposedly included one cocktail per person. When we got our bill we saw we were charged 500 pesos are about 25.00 for the 2 drinks... apparently the "2 cocktails that we ordered were not included and weren't told the drinks that were, were the sugar laced punch that was handed to us when we arrived and they were the 2 free cocktails. Neither of us could stomach them and we did not drink them.
4. Not that price is usually an issue, I expect to pay more on vacation but here they gauge you continually! For example 1Pacifico beer is about 115 Pesos or about 5.60, at the market we went to it was 98 pesos for 6!... Even fine restaurants in the states don't have that high a mark up!
5. You are really isolated and the hotel knows this so they have the hotel taxi jacking the prices way up to go anywhere. Another tourist gave us the name of a reliable Uber driver who took us everywhere and saved us a ton of money plus was there whenever we needed him and showed us some great local restaurants and attractions. Another couple went to PV & rented a car to avoid the exorbitant fees.
6. Wedding going on there which was fine, but portions of the hotel were blocked off and the bass from the speakers could be heard pretty much everywhere late into the night.
7. Annoying very loud fire alarm test for 3 days straight! Sometimes it was deafening and seemed to go on for hours!