Very overpriced for the quality
Reviewed 4 October, 2021
Not sure when Marriott turned into a days inn, could have saved the money. They list the hotel as newly renovated, by that they mean just lobby. There was nothing done to the rooms or hallways cause they were dingy with stained carpets and peeling wallpaper. Our room smelled like wet dog the entire time we were there. The air conditioner barely functioned and is either undersized for the room or just sucks and is old. After sweating in the sheets for multiple nights, I had to beg to get them to change my sheets, the only changing in a 7 day period. I was informed by an uncaring hotel staff member that any house keeping had to be requested before 8 AM, I asked at 9 AM. The exhaust fan in the bathroom doesn't work (they claim it does), after our showers our room became a hot muggy mess. Trash bins are tiny and fill up quick, which they weren't changing. Had to leave in the hall and hope they got to it. Breakfast about half the days was a complete gross piece of trash: burnt eggs, bad coffee, etc.
We did talk to an assistant manager about halfway through our stay about our issues, which was met with disdain. We were offered nothing but 10k points.
So don't bother spending your money on Marriott anymore if your expectation is that this place is actually quality.
Also there's a Peloton in the gym. They can pay for that but not appropriate level of staffing or upkeep of the hotel?
Oh I just remembered they gave me a bag of popcorn when we got here. Nevermind, they're doing great.
Reviewed 24 September, 2021
The Rooms were very dirty. The Carpets and couches were stained, there was dust everywhere and a muggy and mold smell in the rooms and hallways. I stayed in room 317 and it looked like it needs to be renovated. There are mold stains on the AC and damages in the bathroom.
Excellent customer service
Reviewed 10 September, 2021
We had a great time at the Spring Hill suites! The front desk staff was incredible and the service was some of the best we’ve ever had. We will definitely be back the next time we visitor! Thanks again y’all!
Just back from a 3-night stay. Repeat customer and loving it!
Reviewed 14 August, 2021
- Room: very clean and spacious, with a separate living-room section with a sofa-bed. It could sleep 5. Nice views of the marina if you can get an upper floor room.
- Breakfast: good quality and quantity, given COVID-19 restrictions. Eggs and sausage, oatmeal, fruits, cereals, dairy. The hotel is lowly returning to normal service.
- Infrastructure: everything was working fine, except for the Internet on the room TVs. Unfortunately this was not resolved during our stay despite several requests to the front desk.
- Amenities: well-equipped gym with cardio machines, free weights, exercise balls, kettlebells, even a Peloton bike. The outdoor pool was warm and clean, and could fit three social-distancing families.
- Location: very convenient for access to Folly Beach (Folly Rd is nearby) and Downtown Charleston (across a short bridge). Beautiful marshlands surround the area.
3 nites in Charleston
Reviewed 11 August, 2021
Springhill Suites Marriott Charleston SC
We come to Charleston frequently. This hotel has one elevator, of two, broken for three days.
AND a family of small roaches under the coffee maker.
The staff was helpful but stretched thin. They gave me bug spray as the maintenance crew was not avail.
I'd stay again but with reservations.....