It's a Hard Knocks Life at the AmericInn
Reviewed 27 July, 2021
Let me start by saying, I NEVER write reviews for places, even ones I hate. But this was the WORST of the WORST. So where do I begin when describing the worst Hotel Experience of my life. Let me try to put it into words (And I am serious) about everything below.
- The pillows feel like a bowl of mash potatoes that a 10 year old who attempted cooking for the first time made. More lumps than you can imagine, needed three pillows just to elevate my head a few inches off the bed.
- The bed itself was by far the worst part. Imagine sleeping on a wooden board, absolutely no give. I woke up feeling like I was hit by a semi truck. Stiff, sore, aches all over. If you stay more than one night here, be prepared for some long term back issues.
- The towels were also somehow stiff and hard. Imagine rubbing your face with a porcuppines back. The toilet paper was like wiping with a brick as well. They only purchase the hardest, cheapest, worst products for its guests.
- The shower head. Please be prepared to step way back, do not let this supersonic force of nature hit you without being ready for it. The water comes out about 200 MPH, and I am not joking. It can take your skin off, be prepared to hop around and only allow this force of nature to hit you for a second or two at a time.
- THE SMELL. Our room smelled like a cross between stale Weed that they couldn't get out of the 100 year old carpet & wet dogs.
- NO WORKOUT ROOM even tho the website clearly states it has one.
- DARKNESS! Driving up to it after dinner, and it was literally in complete darkness. They have no lighting, in the parking lot or from anywhere driving up to it. Luckily, we had checked in during daylight and noticed it was by a very bright lit up church, so look for that if you somehow end up at this place. B/c it is the only way you will know it exists.
- Room Temperature could not be set. We put it at 60 DEGREES and it still felt like 90.
- There was an ant on my wifes phone when she woke up in the middle of the night, and I woke up with a Bite on my ankle that wasn't there when I went to bed.
- Front desk lady was mean, and even meaner to who I think was her daughter who was working there as well. Another customer was given a room card that didn't work, the daughter fixed the issue and provided another slip for the card. GOD FORBID you do that here, the front desk "lead" got a nasty attitude with the younger worker and set the tone for what I would see shortly in that god forsaken room.
- $217+ dollars for a one night stay here is an absolute outrage. I have zero issue paying for a good hotel experience, but this was literally a nightmare from every aspect.
Summary : This place smells, has the WORST beds you will ever sleep on, and only purchases the worst of the worst for its room for the guests who stay here. DO NOT COME!
Reviewed 20 July, 2021
Positives we noted: nice appearing/nicely maintained large rooms with fireplaces, micro, frig, desk with rolling chair, a reading chair, comfy beds, 2 sinks-one inside and one outside bathroom, quiet, big bath towels, and nice breakfast with Covid precautions. My concerns included: back door locking mechanism was taped to simply open vs use keycard, building needs some TLC/ back stair cleanliness, and under our bedskirt an accumulation of prior guests crumbs seen/reported to staff. Remember: no elevator so make certain you can carry suitcase up the stairs as first floor rooms are not guaranteed unless handicap room reserved. Overall, we would try/stay again at an AmericInn/this hotel as I my rating would have been higher without seeing the crumbs!
Clean rooms, nice pool and hot tub!
Reviewed 6 July, 2021
Has an up north lodge feel in the lobby. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. We will definitely be staying again. Our only complaint was that the breakfast was nothing special. It consisted of individually packaged cereals and bagels, so if you're expecting a decent breakfast, go into town.
Reviewed 26 June, 2021
Not close to anything other than bike trail. Breakfast wasn’t impressive, Pet policy was not realistic. Had to take pet everywhere. Probably would pick a hotel closer to downtown and more accommodating to pet owners
Definitely not worth the the cost of stay during marathon weekend.
Reviewed 20 June, 2021
While the staff were friendly the hotel lacked in quality. The mattresses were junk which left my back hurting both days; the toilet functioned but did want to flush well and the walls r paper thin.We could hear conversations thru wall. Will not return.