Reviewed 28 July, 2021
1. Free of charge late check-out at 18:00
2. Beautiful nature and crystal clear water in the sea
3. Spacious room with a large terrace and panoramic view on the bay.
4. Food: good pastry and pizza.
5. Nice shop in 10 minutes walk with fruits and a good selection of wines without extra tourist surcharge.
6. I recommend to take running shoes, you can explore stunning cliffs around with breathtaking views on the seashore.
1: The word "subordination" has apparently never been heard of here. The cleaning lady allowed herself to enter the room when the hotel guests were "sleeping", walked through the whole room to put water in the refrigerator, even though she was asked not to enter the room in English. But the cleaning ladies in this hotel do not speak English at all. The dish cleaners in the dining room, apparently due to the lack of knowledge of any even basic English, allowed themselves to go up to the table where we have been dining and knocked on it, saying something in Greek in a rude tone with a displeased face. In general, any request such as pouring water or coffee is perceived as a favor, is done very slow and with the same displeased face. To get an espresso in the morning is a whole quest: you need to find a person who has a "clearance level" for the coffee machine, then water is added there for about 5 minutes, coffee is added, in the process the employee responsible for this can leave somewhere without saying a word, and all this with the same displeased expression on his face. Hotel staff - smile at least sometimes))
2. It is required to wear a mask in the dining room, although masks are not provided.
3. The territory of the hotel, in particular all the sidewalks, are preferred to be washed during the day, so you need to either fly over a puddle or swim in it like pigs. I saw this for the first time. Usually, even in Egypt, this happens in the early morning (while everyone is sleeping).
4. The level of room cleaning service is as bad as in the motel. Either they won't supply the water, or the floor will be washed with a dirty, stinking rag. The bed upon arrival was in some kind of small lumps of paper. After my complaint over the phone, nothing happened, after going to the reception and complaining in person, they brought a new bed lining and just placed it on the bed. I had to change the lining myself. When the bed was not changed the next day, the reception replied that it is changed every three days. 4 **** unexpected. Hotel shoes have not been changed even once during the week. Oh yes, when we checked in, there were already residents in the room: 3 fat cockroaches, the size of the local breed is impressive. They were eliminated, new ones did not come.
5. The safe upon arrival was not working and was not screwed on. Solved this issue the next day.
6. Upon check-in, we waited for 20 minutes for someone to help us with the luggage (walk to the room is about 5 min by steps).
7. Plumbing: water starts to flow out of the floor drain next to the toilet when you shower. As a result, the whole bathroom turns into a huge puddle.
8. Food: awful. Even olives (it's salt, just a lump of salt). All food is very salty. Vegetables and fruits are tasteless. For 7 days we had a pleasant dinner 3 times (grilled chicken, red fish, grilled dorado). On other days, we had to eat delicious pizza to survive.
9. Coffee is extra charge everywhere except breakfast, the quality is below average, even for the extra.
10. The drinking water is awful, had to go to the store to buy.
11. And a control shot !!! On the departure day: the hotel dumped waste into the sea right under the sun beds on the beach at 9 am. They answered on the complaint about this (it just killed me here) that this is normal, as it is necessary to drain the waste somehow. I attach photos and videos.
12. There is also a photographer who obsessively takes pictures at the entrance to the dining room, and at breakfast in an obtrusive and rude manner tries to sell printed photographs.
P.S. The sea is of course beautiful, but we were going to have a rest and relax, instead we were coaching the staff all the time. It turns out that even such a beautiful place can be spoiled by unprofessional staff. We will definitely not return here again and do not recommend traveling here to anyone! But the sea is beautiful))))
For info: The lounge area at Heraklion Airport is open from 12:00 to 20:00.
Great stay in Crete!!
Reviewed 24 July, 2021
Amazing location, unrivalled sea view and good facilities at affordable prices. We played basketball, snorkelled and visited the spa among other things. The food was great with many local dishes. Definitely recommend it for those who want to truly relax and make the most out of their vacation. Overall, really good value for money!
Reviewed 23 July, 2021
A French disaster.
Take an outstanding location, Build a beautiful hotel with nice dining and service. And then you basically gamble with everything in hiring an Entertainment crew that only speaks French, plays loud french Music all the time, performs loud terrible quizshows (in French of cource). The recipe is a strong not welcoming message to the 2/3 of the non french speaking guests. Then again, if the Entertainment Crew where talentet it could probably be a mitigating apology to the decision behind this. Sorry, they are not, even when they are trying from an honest effort.
One satisfied guest
Reviewed 21 July, 2021
From the moment I arrived at Peninsula Hotel in Agia Pelagia I felt like I was family. From the time I checked in until the time I checked out the staff was courteous and attentive to all my needs. Very relaxing and peaceful. The sea is amazing. The hotel is beautiful, immaculate and inviting. Where to begin with the food selections, presentation and taste; just phenomenal! I am counting the days until I return!
Brilliant 🇬🇧 thank you Anna , you are the best !!
Reviewed 16 July, 2021
We stayed for 2 weeks, it was really brilliant. The beach/ sea element was amazing. Nothing really like it - snorkelling is world class which is quite rare for these resorts. Good was really good, drinks were great. Service is outstanding. The team went above and beyond - Anna on front desk is the hotels biggest asset. She goes out of her way to make your stay the best it can be. Thanks to everyone.
Make sure you check out the resturant Yamas next door the food is too good to miss. Seafood platter is 🙌