Excellent experience and service
Reviewed 25 July, 2021
While my French wife and I (an American) stayed at Marinca for only one night in July of 2021, let me say, the hotel made a lasting impression. The service was attentive, thorough yet genuine and unstuffy. The spa treatment was from another world, the facilités some of the best we’ve ever visited, if not the best. Highly recommend the restaurant on the beach and the sweeping views of Propriano. We’ll be back. No doubt about that. 5 star hotel which perfects service and quality.
Modernized Corsica at its best
Reviewed 13 June, 2021
Second to none location, design decoration combining new materials with old ones with great look and feel furniture, amazing food both gourmet and non gourmet, very friendly and constructive attitude staff, small beautiful private beach. Not to miss!
Excellent Hotel with great view!
Reviewed 24 September, 2020
Check In was very friendly. Location of the hotel is wonderful with beautiful garden and pool area.
Nevertheless our experience started bad... Air conditioning didn't work, a nightmare in Summer! We were told that it concerned half of the hotel and that the technicians were working on it. We went to the small beach in the meantime. When we came back, same situation, even though they told us that all worked fine again. But nearly no air came out of the air conditioning, clearly something was wrong. After waiting another hour, we again went to the reception. Ultimately they offered us another room and as of then all was perfect.
Two restaurants, one directly down at the beach with fresh seafood, we loved it. And then the top restaurant with a wonderful terrace, excellent service, surprise menu absolutely recommended!
Breakfast was also nice and all precautions against COVID were taken.
Great place to stay!
Beautiful place with 3 star service
Reviewed 13 September, 2020
We visited this hotel for the first time in summer 2019 and we absolutely loved it so we booked a room also in July 2020. Hotel has gone through redesign which is now brighter, fresher and definitely more relaxed. Location is amazing, including rooms and beautiful beach. However, big big failure of summer 2020 was service. We were totally disappointed. This place is a 5* place, so you are arriving with 5* expectations taking into account the price you pay. On our arrival to the room there was hair in the shower, bin in the toilet was full after guests before. We called reception but nobody came, so we stopped by cleaning lady on the corridor. She went in our bathroom and out and again forgot about full bin. We called reception again. It was pretty annoying and they offered us free bottle of champ for dinner. Well. Every time our room was cleaned I had a feeling someone came in in total rush and left immediately, Shower gel and shampoo was given to us only when we explicitly asked or called reception, normally they would forget so we had to call several times. The safe was broken, we called and nobody arrived, so we had to go in person to reception. During breakfast they brought coffee without sugar and we had to take sugar ourselves nearly every morning. It felt like you need to become part of the stuff to have everything you need. They forget about everything. The best came at the end when they charged us for our room twice and we had to be calling them for next two weeks after return until they send us money back. This is unacceptable for a place that is claiming to be 5*. Service was max 3*. We will not return, what a pity!
Worst 5* hotel
Reviewed 31 July, 2020
Marinca hotel and spa @hotelmarinca
simply spoiled everything.
1) air-conditioning didn't work for 10 days in the room.
Enjoy sleeping with open windows and music coming from a restaurant just above it.
2) Hotel restaurant will not serve you dinner unless you reserve it in advance. Yes, they claim to be too busy. For a record, the first closest restaurant is about 10km away and originally we didn't have a car.
3) internet didn't work for first 10 days at all. Then, they claimed to have fixed it. Nevertheless, downloading one page takes forever.
Well, you are on vacational men! You've got time, why can't you be patient!?
4) If you ask stuff member for a service, they would REFUSE helping you or promise to get back to you with solution but they never would! It happened to us to wait for 1.5h to get a missing TV remote at the room or to be refused to get a parasol at the hotel swimming pool or to ask for a set of cutlery and to never get it
5) I really didn't enjoy to be referred as "this Russian girl" behind my back after staying for 3 weeks at the facility. And it's not about nationality, this way to refer to a client is simply rude.
6) My hat was stalen at the swimming pool
Believe me, this list is endless! What a shame!