Calificación por los huéspedes
Calificación de Viajeros
Perfil del Viajero
Resumen de puntajes
Calidad del sueño
One of my all time favorite hotel
Opinión escrita el 20 de Agosto de 2021
Amazing experience. Location is perfect with AMA Ong view on the lake and the Alps . Amazing service . Their restaurants are amazing and truly fine dining experience. Very close to the cable car 🚠 for Cardada and Cemeta. I am glad I got to stay there . Very helpful staff. Arranger all the booking for us .
Five star hotel but not everything perfect
Opinión escrita el 30 de Mayo de 2021
We have stayed in a Corner Suite at Villa Orselina for 4 nights. All in all, it was a very good stay.
- Warm Welcome
- Very Friendly Staff
- Fantastic view
- lots of space in the suite
- very good food in the evening (we had half board)
- Relaxing atmosphere
What not worked perfectly/was not perfect:
- Service at Pool Restaurant is often inexistent (often nobody around, ring service botton not working and when going to the front desk, staff tried to convince us having lunch in another restaurant; what we denied)
Some dishes (e.g. eggs benedict) need to be paid extra even though breakfast is included in room rate (we have paid CHF 4700 for 4 nights incl. halfboard); this is not good, in a five star hotel I expect also some special dishes are included
- sleeping area (bed, cupboard) need to be renewed soon. It looks quite dark and very much 80s/90s-style which looks odd comparing to the nice rest of the suite
I recommend Villa Orselina, but some minor things need to be fixed, otherwise, it may quickly be outpriced (and including egg benedict should not be a big deal :-)
Thanks for the pleasant stay!
Opinión escrita el 27 de Mayo de 2021
After a short time, my path led me to the hotel Villa Orselina. I was very touched by the warm welcome I received from the director Daniel Schälli and his team.
It is my duty to thank you for the wonderful room and the great service, but especially for the perfectly organised dinner in the evening. The arrival of my business partners was considerably delayed. Nevertheless, we were treated to a wonderful evening at a very late hour with the greatest kindness and attention.
In the morning we enjoyed a hearty breakfast on the terrace in the most beautiful sunshine.
Thanks also for the discreet but nevertheless effective Corona protection measures.
We will be very happy to see you again soon.
A wonderful and luxurious retreat
Opinión escrita el 26 de Mayo de 2021
Villa Orselina was exactly what we were looking for! A relaxing and wonderful retreat at Lago Maggiore! The location was just perfect and the view unbeatable. We also want to point out the pool area and spa where we enjoyed countless hours relaxing and taking the sun. However, what we enjoyed most was the personalized service and attention to detail we experienced from the entire team at Villa Orselina. Every single staff member went out of their way to make us feel special. Thank you to the team of Villa Orselina for a truly special stay. We really cannot wait to return soon!
Everything but a 5* hotel
Opinión escrita el 24 de Mayo de 2021
Just spent 5 nights in this hotel located on the heights of Locarno.
I won’t write a long review since I don’t want to waste more time than I already did by staying there.
First, the good points (exhaustive) : the location, the view, the room’s balcony (even though there was only one deckchair, in a double room...)
Then, the issues (not exhaustive) :
1. The quality of service : some waiters speak so loud that it’s embarrassing, the cleaning lady enters your room at 9:00am without knocking, you’ll never find a clean towel at the swimming pool, nobody will ever come if you call someone at the pool to get a drink, the gardeners will wake you up with a start while you are sleeping by the pool at 11:00am, you’ll be asked to go and get your car by yourself at the garage because the parking valet is not available (at 6:00pm, and in spite of the 35 CHF parking’s fee), you’ll get a complimentary jug of tap water on your bedside table, ...
2. The breakfast is not even worthy of a 3* hotel : the buffet is really small (no viennoiserie except some dry factory-made croissants, ...), the quality of the food is very low (butter in plastic trays, ...), the scrambled eggs are served with a ladle in an empty plate, ...
3. The pool and the spa are largely overrated : there was a terrific smell of sweat in the hammam and nobody seemed to care, the furniture is old and basic, a duck stayed in the swimming pool for almost 1 hour (in the middle of the afternoon), ...
4. The hotel atmosphere is correct, but far from what you expect for this hotel category : the lift looks like a service elevator, the hairdryer in the bathroom is hanging on the wall with a nail, the carpets in the corridors are full of stains, ...
When you pay 800 CHF per night, you clearly expect a unique , mind-blowing experience. And, instead of that, I have the feeling that I stayed in an old 4-star hotel, which could offer exactly the same kind of service for one third of that price.
Since I’m not used to keep that kind of bad feeling for myself, I took the time to talk with a manager 2 days before leaving the hotel. We had a nice discussion, then I had the pleasure to find a bottle of champagne in my room the day after. Is this enough to compensate the bad experience I had at Villa Orselina ? Clearly not. I would even say that it’s petty.
Needless to say that I’ll never come back, and that I don’t recommend this hotel to anybody.