Two night stay in Le Mongade.
Reviewed 14 September, 2018
My group of 24 Australian travellers were lodged in Le Mongade by our travel agent and we all loved the experience and would readily stay another day or come back in the future. Do not be put off by the fact that this family oriented mountain resort is a bit old (built in 1974) and in need of some renovations. The rooms may be basic but the staff of nine make this place a little gem. I have never encountered such enthusiasm and pride in their work as was demonstrated by the staff here. The meals are good French fare if not ‘fine cuisine’ but the chef’s sugar plum tart was delicious. There is a heated pool and you are surrounded by the most beautiful countryside. My group, although a bit wary at first, have all reported that they haven’t had such fun in an Hotel for a long time. There’s entertainment every evening- we took part in the karaoke evening as well as the dance evening. We had a ball. We based ourselves here for two days to explore the beautiful villages in the area. Loved it.
I did not even stay over night
Reviewed 12 February, 2018
As the ski resort Gerardmer and la Bresse were fully booked only a few hotels were left. Pictures looked quiet acceptable for 88€ per room with terrasse. Once we arrived there I found an oudated hotel looking like a abandonned building from communist times. Well I said it's only one night, while attending the room I found something like a prison cell. If you're not depressed you will become it. 88€ for such a place in france is not acceptable!! We booked another place 1 hour away so we left that jailhouse and slept somewhere else! I just say rip off!!!
how to relax and forget stress for a fair price
Reviewed 30 December, 2017
Now I did see a lot of hater comments here and almost canceled my booking because of them.
But I'm glad I said "... for that price what should I expect? "
Actually -- Nothing -- considering the the big bucks the other places in the surrounding are demanding.
As usual, there is place for improvement and Management should target an action plan for next year and seek for Expert advice.
So price was cheap of cheap, parking was free ,swimming pool free.
Management was friendly and doing it's best for customer satisfacion .
Room was warm ,as outside was 40 CM of snow and -10°C during the night.
If somebody is concerned about the prices in some periods ,it is because of the warming which is electrical ( very expensive for such a big place).
I would recommend an upgrade of the warming to wood pellets and a certain amount of Automation/Management , so that tourists do not leave the warming on MAX even it they are not there during the day.
The Room was clean, it had a TV .As our room was facing the mountains and the view was simply relaxing we did not feel the urge to search for WIFI or turn on the TV.
Only thing, one should give up on attaching the remote control to the wall with a chain ! Better manage the remotes or just leave them, most of us have no need for a Schenider TV remote.
Food is good quality, breakfast is simple and easy before a ski day .
They have a nice bar, a baby foot table, pro ping pong tables ( better bring your own ping pong rackets and many balls) flipper games and darts.
Besides that they organised in the evening divers events for groups with music games ant other. If you think a little ahead you can spend a very nice vacation at Mongade as you do have everything to your disposal to disconnect.
The swimming pool is clean , offers a nice advantage for kids who want a small extra besides SKI or Snow or Hiking . It is located at the entrance and there is no privacy at all, so to make peace with the shy people some partial window tint could make the difference.
Gerardmer is at about 25km away with it's ski and sleigh facilities. In winter it is advised to park your car down town and use the ski BUS to get up to the slopes, that way you avoid the 1H hassle of finding a parking place and relax instead.
Now if you do not take the restaurant option with it's tight schedule, you will have to drive a long way to get some food ,as the surroundings have almost nothing to offer in that sense .
This year during Christmas and new year only one Pizzeria was open and as for that it could not serve all of it's customers.
The workaround for that is to order and take away, and than buy your breakfast for the next day at a bakery. If you victimize yourself a little even the backer will offer you a better price.
In summer take in consideration the Lake and it's facilities as this region is rich in diversity in winter as in summmer.
Tacky hotel and service
Reviewed 1 March, 2017
- Staff have no uniforms and not smartly dressed. You can barely tell who works there and who does not.
- Service culture: appalling. 1. We asked for a couple of extra towels to use for the pool and were refused. Towels are changed only once a week and only if you are staying for a whole week. 2. Check out is at 10 am. Check-in is at 5pm - in other hotels if you arrive earlier the receptions usually check whether your room is ready. We arrived at 2 pm and without knowing who were are and in which room we were planned to stay the receptionist greeted us by saying "you are early! Rooms are not ready!" When we checked-in at 5 pm and asked if we could have dinner there he said: "sorry it is too late. you should always inform us in the morning".
- Rooms are not cleaned during stay. It was indicated that one can find a broom and hoover on the first floor. When I went to get them there was no broom and a label on the hoover marked that there was no bag inside.
- Breakfast: low quality food.
- Premises: not well kept - only one shower head of two works in the shower room before you enter the pool. In the shower, a stone (the size of a tennis ball) fell from the corner of the wall and was left lying there for the whole time during the duration of our stay.
Anna U Ruben F
repas en famille
Reviewed 27 September, 2020
nous avions reservez juste pour un dejeuner entre famille et amis nous avons ete tres recu et avons bien manger l etablissement tres propre on remercient tout le personnel du mongade et se serais a refaire on le referai