Fabulous hotel near beach
Opinión escrita el 24 de Septiembre de 2018
Really nice hotel with great swimming pool.
Very friendly staff with possibility to use English.
Frankly speaking this hotel was great surprise during our visit on Corse island.
One of the most exciting beach nearby.
Parking in secure space is free of charge.
quite difficult to find based on the address and the GPS coordinates, but once you get there it is nice
Opinión escrita el 26 de Septiembre de 2017
I recommend they improve the" how to get there" indications on Booking.com. we struggled to find it quite a bit. the hotel is nice, rooms are large with a small balcony, parking is available but quite full and personnel is really nice
you don't reach to the beach on foot
Opinión escrita el 13 de Septiembre de 2015
We booked two standard rooms for our family (5 people and dog). Location of the hotel is not very good compared to their costs. Location to the beach is more 900 meters up a steep slope. To the beach we were forced to travel by car. Breakfast is very poor. Fruit for breakfast was served often tainted. Cleaning was not very diligent. Territory of hotel consists of a building and the area around the pool. Dog in the pool area were not allowed. There is no restaurant. Staff speaks English. Parking is free. I think that next time we are in this hotel we will not stop. There are a lot of mosquitoes. Beach of Santa Giulia is beautiful!!!
Opinión escrita el 26 de Junio de 2015
Visited this place in june. The place and garden looked really beautiful. Staff is friedly and service minded. Rooms are clean and simple decorated. I really recomment this place for a weekend get away!
Cose to Porto Vecchio and Beonifacio - Hotel is rather a B&B
Opinión escrita el 18 de Mayo de 2015
This Hotel does not deserve to be called such as it is more like a better B&B. And the 4 stars, have probably fallen from the sky. To be clear, we spent before already 5 nights in real 4 Star hotel and it was exceedingly good in all aspects. So much greater was our disappointment when we arrived at the Alivi.
More to the point: we stayed 9 nights here and this Alivi hotel was a full disappointment and far too costly for what it offers - even at off season rates. Yet let us start with the positives:
1. Marvellous view from the garden on Santa Giulia Beach
2. A very friendly and helpful assistant receptionist, who unfortunately was not empowered and not always there.
3. Rooms are generally clean
4. Unfortunately that's it!
And now the rest:
1. The pool was dirty at arrival and remained so throughout our stay. The helpless attempt to clean it with a pool-robot, was almost ridiculous as it had to remove the flora which obviously grew throughout the whole winter judging from its opulence. Maybe it is different in high season but this we cannot judge and during our stay it was just disgusting.
2. The pool was not heated which to us defeats the object as an alternative to the sea which was wonderful yet a little cool due to the early season.
3. Reception is available from 7am to 7pm only. This is a no-go for 4 stars. Beyond this hour there is absolutely nobody around and you have to call an emergency number which seams somewhat over the top to call for, when you would like to simply have some hot water for a tea. Unfortunately everything you can access after these hours is the pool area and your room and there is nothing but a standard minibar in your room. So even if you would want to stay longer at the pool and were in need for a towel... Bad luck!
4. The breakfast is a story in itself and is miles below standard. The juices are not fresh, and for a glass of fresh orange (which grow galore on the island) juice you pay 5 Euros on top (per glass) - Bread is served in slices which are mostly already dry. There is no alternative to white bread. The Croissants are in a basket, but during the first days they were counted (one per person) and mind you, they are the small, two bites to eat ones, if you want more it takes 15 min before they are ready. Fruits are only offered as a whole, hence, if you would like to enrich your choice of 2 cereals with chopped fruit, you need to start a real peeling and cutting work and leave a lot wasted - unless you go for one fruit a day. However, unless you ask for it, the choice is limited to apples, grapefruit and oranges (2 a piece)- if you want something else it may be offered to you for the next day, but only if you are lucky to talk to the assistant receptionist. We asked for melon and got it next day as a whole fruit. We asked to cut it for us as this was indeed beyond our ability with the barely cutting knifes you get. We had to ask on two days until they realised that also the other guests were eager to have some. Don't ask for a cappuccino... What you will get is indescribable. For the tea you get water far from boiling hot which makes brewing a decent tea impossible. The people who serve breakfast (actually one only for the first 3 nights) are the same who prepare your omlette, therefore if someone has ordered something, the next guest will have to wait until the eggs are done before she or he can order the coffee. Unacceptable for a 4 star category and even less so for 18 Euro per person per day for the breakfast!
5. The room has very poor lighting - although the closet, toilet and entrance are well lit, the main room has no ceiling light and the bed lights are utterly insufficient. Better do your business during daylight.
6. TV has only a few French channels - we didn't really need it but it was another detail we noticed.
7. Eating something in the garden is forbidden and we got reproached very harshly although the hotel has no restaurant on which you could rely. We were sent to our room for doing our little snack and as we asked for a plate we were put off with a straight NO. Never experienced such behaviour in a Hotel, even less so in a 4 Star. We had better and more flexible treatment in B&Bs.
8. The well praised WiFi connectivity on the official website is a myth. If you are lucky you get some connection in the early morning and then it comes and goes and many times it does not even find the network. If you want to use 2 devices... just forget it! The only place it works more regularly is the reception, but that closes at 7 PM.
9. For the first 5 nights there were no lights at the pool area although many of the rooms open towards the pool at mere 2 meters from the edge. If you have little children, be careful!
10. Beach is at 10-15 min walking distance and if you want to walk with some beach or diving equipment, you probably cannot avoid using the car as the road is very steep and parking places near the beach are not many. We were off season and already had trouble finding a slot.
11. The hotel was difficult to find as the road is not in the car Navigation system and the Hotel does not provide any useful indication on the website. Furthermore, the Hotel sits in the middle of a holiday residential area, which gives you more the feeling of a camping holiday and several terraces and gardens adjoining overlook the pool area. If you are looking for a retreat, go somewhere else.
13. The room cleaners are the same ladies who serve breakfast and prepare your omelette in the kitchen and wear the same clothes for both activities.
14. Rooms are cleaned daily but many times not very accurately; we had once towels replaced with dirty towels, used glasses not replaced, the room door left open once after cleaning (we only noticed in the afternoon as we came back from the beach – fortunately no losses), new face-towels were deposited on the dirty soap plate, sheets were replaced but the new ones had stains all over.
All in all, this was far off any 4 star experience we have ever made anywhere else in the world. For us it was overall disappointing and definitely not worth the price - we cannot recommend it.