Good location and a nice staff
Reviewed 24 March, 2019
We had six nights at this hotel.
When we arrived, a man brought out a map of Rome and started to circle out some of the more important things to see ind Rome an how to get there.
Our room was clean, we had fresh towels everyday. We also had a fridge, which was very handy since we would pack our own lunches for the day.
Check-in and check-out was painless, our request was met quickly and with smiles.
One of the staffmembers had a very sweet dog, which made me at ease.
The breakfast could not fill our Scandinavian tummys, but with the fridge in our room, this was not a problem for us.
I would stay here again next time I'm in Rome.
If I Could Rate This Less Than One Star...
Reviewed 3 January, 2018
Where do I begin...
Let’s start with the positives:
(1) close to the main station and many restaurants and bars close by
Let’s finish with the negatives:
(1) The staff on the front desk are rude and don’t care about you. Especially the blonde lady. She always seems stressed.
(2) There is no hot water..it’s only warm. And please remember we were here during winter. When we asked them about this, they sent a guy up to our room who turned on the tap, felt the water with his hands, agreed that it wasn’t hot and told us he would be back in 10 minutes...3 days later we still didn’t hear from him.
(3) The heating doesn’t work. Same situation as above, the guy came up, unscrewed a knob and said he would be back in 10 minutes. Did he come back? Nope. And he left the thing unscrewed exposing everything.
(4) Unsafe; on two occasions when we arrived back to our room after a day sightseeing, we found our room unlocked with the door slightly open. We looked around and saw other rooms near our room were in a similar situation. It turns out that the cleaners don’t close the doors after cleaning them in the morning, which means our rooms were left unlocked and opened from morning till night. Twice. Luckily nothing was taken. From that moment I decided to lock all valuables in my case. We told the cleaners not to clean our room anymore but guess what...they didn’t listen and the same thing happened.
(5) Broken things & things not working. The light switch for the bathroom mirror light didn’t work, the extractor fan didn’t work either. And as mentioned earlier the heating didn’t work. But this was not a concern for the staff.
(6) Elevator. The elevator looked older than me (I’m 29) and it didn’t work all the time but there was no sign that it wasn’t working, we just had to find out by attempting to go on. And staff didn’t say anything.
Now, here is where my issue is; I understand this is a cheap basic hotel but that should only mean that it’s cheap and basic. It should not mean that staff forget all customer service and safety issues and not fix broken items because that’s when you give 3* star and basic hotels a bad name. In my opinion, this is less than 1* star quality and I won’t be staying here again. And neither will anyone I know and anyone they know.
Convenient location to visit Rome.
Reviewed 1 January, 2018
My family and I stayed at the Stargate Hotel from Boxing Day until 29th December. We found staff very friendly and helpful. One staff member, took a great deal of time to point out points of interest that we could visit whilst there. The hotel is a fantastic location for east commuting to all the visitor attractions. For instance, the metro is three stops from the Colosseum.
That was the plus points.
The negatives were as follows:
Breakfast. consisted of one croissant, (all you are allowed), and a small packet of dried toast, orange juice/ apple juice and coffee from a machine.
Staff served you the croissant and observed you in case you wanted another.
Our shower was lukewarm if we were lucky, and one light never worked.
We tried to charge a mobile in one of two sockets in our room and all the lights went out as a result.
However, the room was cleaned and towels provided each morning.
It is worth noting that the lift only takes two persons and two pieces of luggage at any one time.
A previous photograph on Tripadvisor shows a fully stocked fridge for drinks. It was empty on all three days we were there.
In my very limited knowledge of hotels I would rate this hotel more two star than three star.
I am from Perú.
Reviewed 26 November, 2017
I am from Perú, I has been there on August 2017, it was good! they were kindness with me! it is located near Termini station.
the service was good, every day clean all my room.
Finally, Owner is a nice person.
Reviewed 16 October, 2017
Booked this for a city break in Rome -
Very close to the train station but the area wasn't the nicest. When arriving at the hotel , the receptionist wasn't the most welcoming and english wasn't great. The room was on the fifth floor and the lift wasn't the most reliable.
The room was very very basic , no kettle or cups. It was warm when we went to Rome so we didn't use the blankets used the sheet , however I wouldn't have wanted to use the blankets as they rolled up in a cabinet and they smelled. The room was very clean but old fashioned. Wifi worked and had really small TV really high up on the wall.
Very noisy , so don't except a lay in- walls are thin and can hear the doors banging. There is many other hotels in the one building.
We did have the cleaners come every morning to clean and provide more towels. We had early check out and late flight asked if we could keep our bags at the hotel to see more of Rome , they were fine with this however do not leave any valuables as the bags were stored at the reception desk not secure.
Overall room was very clean but I wouldn't stay here again.