Calificación por los huéspedes
Calificación de Viajeros
Perfil del Viajero
Resumen de puntajes
Calidad del sueño
Vale la pena volver
Opinión escrita el 15 de Julio de 2015
El lugar es muy hermoso, retirado y muy tranquilo, como me gusta a mí.
La habitacion y el baño están muy bien y el precio tambien.
Normalmente los colchones de los "INN" están más para tirar que para usar, pero esté era para seguir durmiendo todo el dia, además era king size, una sola pieza, no como muchos que juntan dos colchones, y se hace imposible dormir.
El desayuno para mi gusto, muy bueno, con cereales, macedonia de frutas frescas y el scramble eggs con salmón, todo una delicia, faltaria algunos yogures.
Seguro que volveré con la familia.
Great place, nice atmosphere, lovely breakfast
I will come back asap possible, thanks.
Opinión escrita el 19 de Septiembre de 2021
We ate here about two months ago and the food was good so when the wife booked for Sunday lunch I thought where better
I will tell you where better - KFC, McDs even tesco microwave meals
We all had the Sunday roast which came out cold, we didnt know until we questioned it, but they had run out of chicken so decided to put their BBQ chicken that had been marinated in BBQ sauce and tasted disgusting on the plate.
So basically a bbq/roast (good job we didnt order the beef or pork option as we probably would of got a beef burger or bacon) and the service was poor to say the least
We complained the food was awful and cold and were asked if we wanted it re-heated. Being heated would of made no difference to the taste. We originally wrapped it up to take home for our dogs but at the end thought we could put them through that experience without the RSPA being called
To be fair they didnt charge for the meals only the drinks and the dusty awful apple crumbles however the idea of going out was to enjoy a family meal and not to get away without paying. After complaining we never saw anyone from the team over 11 again and left
Im not sure what has gone wrong since we last had a meal here but i would suggest someone reads a cook book
Poor value for money
Opinión escrita el 8 de Septiembre de 2021
The room had a flagstone floor which made the room really cold during the day. It felt like we were sleeping in a kitchen. It was too cold for us to use the bath/shower. The window overlooked the pub garden with no privacy so we had to shut the blind during the day. On arrival there appeared to be dust on the bedlinen. We had a really bad night's sleep due to noise from other rooms and the room felt 'airless' and got really hot overnight. We overheard other guests complaining about lack of sleep due to noises and staff offered nothing in terms of compensation, e.g. reduced rate.
We ordered the roast dinner platter for £50 between 2 of us and were really underwhelmed with the service, staff were not visible and we could see nearby tables taking nearly an hour to be cleaned. It took ages for our food to come, staff were really apologetic but the food was lukewarm by the time we received it and cold by the time we'd finished eating it. The portion was really poor for the price, we got 1 person's serving of vegetables and only 1 piece of each meat between us. Wouldn't recommend based on our experience as we essentially paid £50 for one portion of cold roast dinner. The quality was OK, but the potatoes were chewy, similar to Toby Carvery.
We had to ask for the Wifi password as it wasn't clearly displayed anywhere in the pub or the room. Also shocked to find out the manager didn't really know what time the pub was staying open on the Sunday, apparently as 'they don't usually open on a Sunday', and told us last orders for food was 7.30pm.
Overall very poor quality for the price. If we decided to stay in the area again we would opt for the George. The staff there were very pleasant, attentive and the food much nicer and better quality. The rooms look nicer too.
I've had better stays at Premier Inns for much less than we paid for our room, and we got it at a discount. Would be absolutely disgusted if I paid as much as other people seem to have paid.
Opinión escrita el 24 de Agosto de 2021
lovely country retreat in a remote, beautiful Hampshire village. food and service all perfect, and also a beautiful walk along the river in the morning to the village green.
The room was adequate and spotlessly clean.
nice, but not great for vegetarians.
Opinión escrita el 21 de Agosto de 2021
We stayed for 2 nights at the Bourne Valley Inn. I had heard very positive things about this place, and we did have a nice stay there, but unfortunately it did not quite manage to live up to my expectations.
- very friendly staff, who are very helpful and polite
- very nice food, good amount of food and great taste. The Chicken Caesar salad with a half chicken was amazing.
- nice location, very rural and quiet, with nice walks and a beautiful neighbouring village
- great playground for children outside
- lovely outside seating area
- nice old building, with a very warm and cozy feel
- quite expensive given the size of the rooms. We stayed in room 1 and it was tiny. Also, at breakfast we weren't offered another round of coffee or toast - we ordered our breakfast from the menu (salmon royale, which was lovely!), and neither the menu nor the staff made it clear whether coffee refills were included in the price or not. Also, given that there were jars of jam on the table, it would have been nice to have some toast offered to be able to enjoy the jams. I'm sure we would have been given more coffee or toast if we had asked for it, but as it wasn't offered, we ended up not having any more. The waitress wasn't around much in the mornings after serving us, meaning we would have had to wait for ages to ask for the top-up, which is why we didn't. Offering refills of coffee as well as toast following "the main" would have made us feel much more at ease, rather than waiting for us having to ask for it, especially given the price for B&B
- noise: staying on the ground floor meant that we could hear the people staying upstairs walking around, as floorboards were very creaky. We also heard their shower very clearly. We could also hear the staff entering the building in the morning. We were lucky, as noise soon died down at night, but with different people staying upstairs that could have been a nightmare
- food selection: the menu isn't very big and several options weren't available on either of the two evenings. Options for vegetarians are slim (particularly if one of the options on the menu isn't available - which was the case for us). It was surprising that there was no vegetarian option for the Full English breakfast (only yoghurt, porridge or toast). For a meat&fish eater, there was a relatively good selection of food on the menu (although not everything was available), but it was very slim pickings for a vegetarian.