Nice Hotel but Too Close to the Mosque and babies in the Jacuzzi
Reviewed 6 March, 2021
The hotel is lovely, the staff are nice and the location is central.
However, it is next door to a big mosque meaning every morning between 5 and 5:30am the morning prayer singer goes off super loud and the glazing is too thin to block it. This is the earliest of the prayers as it happens numerous times a day).
We did move room from one side of the hotel to the other but it really didnt make much difference. The mosque is just too close. We eventually moved to a hotel across the river to avoid it.
Also, the spa is not private and is open to the public and they (Bushi) have no limits on the age of entrants (other local spa's say no one under 18).
We were in while children had access. And I mean five children all under the age of 6 years old; screaming and playing in the hot tub. Which is not what I expect from a so called 5-star spa.
Also, after 9pm residents can not order alcohol. Even by room service.
Other hotels do permit the sale of alcohol to residents after 9pm. This is not a CoVid rule; this is just Bushi choosing not to sell alcohol.
That said, the restaurant is lovely and all the hotel staff (restaurant, spa and front desk) are all lovely and accommodating.
I would recommend you DO NOT stay at this hotel; but you do visit and have a meal at the restaurant.
Reviewed 10 October, 2020
Rooms are very small and old furnished, bathroom is not comfortable. But location is great just in the hearth of the city. Restaurant is great and they serve tasty breakfast. SPA and masaage service is very good, professional bali masseuse serving.
Magnificient marble decor and nice spa
Reviewed 24 November, 2019
Recommended hotel with optimal location - across from fort (green area) - next to Old Town Bazar, 5 minutes walk to city centre. Friendly and helpful staff.
Free parking (lot) a plus.
Modern interior with a mix of elegant and kitsch design elements. Good restaurant with a view of town and breakfast restaurant with garden view and super service.
Rooms nice with cooker, coffee and tea. Very nice green marble bathroom with bathtub.
Spa is very good with steamroom (hamam) (but out of order at my stay), two saunas one with Himalaya salt, a large jacuzzi, and an o.k. hotel-size pool. Massage rooms with thai massage. No fitnesscentre though, but there af a few of them in town.
Bushi Resort & Spa
Reviewed 15 October, 2019
This was our first stay in Bushi Resort & Spa (2 nights). The hotel is located centrally and is within short walking distance from the Kale Fortress, Museum of Contemporary Art, Old Bazaar and Main Square. Walking in the cobbled and sometimes angled streets of the Old Bazaar can be challenging if your pram doesn't have large wheels like ours. Have this in mind if you are travelling with a baby and pram.
- Kind and helpful staff;
- Decent sized room with walk in shower. Baby cot in the room upon arrival;
- Modern flat screen television;
- Complimentary cold and hot beverages;
- Complimentary cosmetics;
- Free WiFi. Good signal on all floors;
- Great location. Short walking distance to Main Square and most tourist attractions;
- Great breakfast selection. Highlights include pancakes, waffles, croquettes, omelettes and premium coffee;
- Decent spa which is equipped with a locker room, showers, pool, Jacuzzi, treadmill, hammam, Finnish sauna and Salt sauna. Massages and other treatments are available to guests for an extra charge. Entry to the spa is included in the room rate. Robes and slippers are provided to guests free of charge in the rooms. Extra towels are provided to the guests free of charge upon request at the spa reception; and
- Excellent top floor restaurant offering great views of the city. Prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food on offer.
- No lift to reach our room (No. 316). It should be noted that most rooms in the hotel can be reached by lift. However, the staff made things easier for us by storing the pram in the luggage room on the ground floor so that it would be easy to go up and down the stairs with the baby.
I would definitely book there again. Highly recommended!
Good option when staying in Skopje
Reviewed 14 October, 2019
We stayed here for 1 night mid September 2019.
Great location close to the Old Bazaar. Room was fine, we had an economy room, you get what you pay for - small room, basic. Aircon worked fine. Next to mosque so you hear the prayer at 5:30am but it is fine. Good value for money. Good spa facilities. Skopje is a nice place for 1-2 nights. Would book this hotel again when in Skopje.
Breakfast could be better - orange juice and yoghurt definitely weren’t five star worthy, pancakes dry, watermelon looked inedible. Shower leaked water into the bathroom, shouldn’t be hard to fix.
Could have done without the junkies smoking cigarettes by the (indoor!) pool. Ridiculous that smoking inside was allowed.