Calificación por los huéspedes
Calificación de Viajeros
Perfil del Viajero
Resumen de puntajes
Calidad del sueño
Step back in time
Opinión escrita el 21 de Febrero de 2021
Lovely weekend spent at Paradores del Castillo with extended family. The recent rumblings of Tall volcano and the threat of rains due to Auring had us worried for a bit but the hotel staff assured us that it was OK and indeed it was! Lots of sun all through the weekend with nary a hint of Taal's explosive power. The weather was pleasantly cool with hardly any humidity-perfect walking weather. Sadly most of the museums were still closed due to the pandemic but we still caught a glimpse of this heritage town's old grandeur admiring the elegant old houses from outside. It's likely that many tourists opted to stay away as the town's main attractions were void of large groups of people which was a plus. Now about the hotel itself, what can one say? A charmingly elegant heritage house lovingly restored to its former grandeur. We were fortunate to have this opportunity to stay and enjoy this wonderful hotel with a perfectly cool weather to match. The icing on the cake would have to be the hotel staff. From the time we inquired about booking , making the reservations for the rooms and the restaurant, our actual stay to the time of our check-out, we had a 5 star experience all thru out , thanks to the hotel's staff for making this a pleasant experience overall. Our main contact person was Sir Leomar who impressed us with his professionalism , kind demeanor and overall enthusiasm for the job. No less impressive were the rest of the mostly female staff who answered all our questions with unfailing courtesy and obvious deep love and respect for their town's history , culture and traditions. Maraming salamat din po sa restaurant staff (Ma'am Princess) for organizing our dinner and dealing with the numerous revisions, additional requests etc due to changes in the guest list. I have to say that the food was an absolute winner and very reasonably priced for its quality and serving size. Even the parking staff went out of their way to fetch one of our family members from the basilica when his car's battery conked out. What we're saying is we fell in love with this hotel and the staff and we would be back in a heartbeat but we need to replenish our travel fund first so maybe next year ulit Sir Leomar? Maraming maraming salamat sa inyong lahat. To the hotel's management, congrats on the excellent job training and motivating your staff to always reach for excellence! They deserve a good raise or bonus once business picks up again- hehehe!!
The silver is awarded to Paradores
Opinión escrita el 28 de Decembre de 2020
Bed and Breakfast inn is a best description of Paradores. Located in the heritage town of Taal, this quaint inn boasts of its staff. Yes, they are the gems of this establishment. Hats off to Ms Suzette, Arleth, Jersa and the whole F and B staff..worth mentioning is our pool guy..so sorry we forgot his name. Nice pool, nice room (we got room 10 which has a loft), nice decorations, beautiful garden, outdoor dining and walking distance to everything. For a calm weekend get away, this is a best option. The silver is awarded to Paradores del Castillo.
Best BnB in Taal
Opinión escrita el 26 de Decembre de 2020
1. Location - walking distance to everywhere, church, market, cafes, parks and tourist sites.
2. Design/Architecture - Old Spanish (bahay na bato) houses converted to a hotel, the owner was able to preserved the structure, well kept and maintained. The hotel is very charming and nostalgic. It will definitely bring you back in time.
3. Rooms - nice interior and very clean. They do disinfect everything A LOT! Well selected furniture and accessories, the 4-post bed is the highlight of most rooms. The bathroom is very clean. The bathroom fittings specially of the shower are very impressive. They used matte black vintage accessories. Towels are soft and smell fresh from laundry. They even provide you complete toiletries.
4. Food - very good specially the Famous Pinoy Dishes. We loved the bagnet, chicken adobo sa dilaw, super crispy pata and sinigang. Even their Pinoy meriendas are yummy, please try their suman with tsokolate-E! Unlimited kapeng barako during breakfast.
5. Open spaces and common areas - since pandemic, having a lot of open spaces count and now a big consideration. Paradores has a lot! They have Al Fresco Bar and Dining, a nice garden, roof deck, overlooking pool and living/dining halls. Social distancing is not a problem at all for they have SO MUCH space.
6. Last but not the least..the STAFF!!! They are reason why we enjoyed our Holiday. Special mention to the following people: Arleth, Jersa and Marianne. Everyone warmly welcomed us and made sure we are comfortable (and safe). Yes, we had some concerns during our stay but Paradores team is so great in addressing all of them and making up for it. Thank you very much for your excellent customer service.
1. Food - add more Taal specialties to the menu such as sinaing na tulingan or tawilis, Batangas Lomi, goto or arroz caldo. More selection of fruits, such as banana, mango, pineapple and watermelon.
2. Do not allow personnel to use their outside shoes inside the guest rooms. Provide slip-ons as footwear to personnel for easy wear/removal.
3. Maybe provide a safety/hygiene kits (masks, alcohol and disinfectant spray) in each rooms.
Highly recommended place to visit
Opinión escrita el 1 de Novembre de 2020
Excellent customer service and well-maintained facilities. The food is delicious and they apply proper sanitation and social distancing in their dining area. This place really brought us back in time.
New Year in Paradores Del Castillo
Opinión escrita el 24 de Febrero de 2020
What I love:
- room design, restroom design, hotel design
- cable tv
- own wifi router inside the room, fast wifi
- bed; so comfortable
- breakfast buffet
- courteous and honest staffs (I left my wallet on the hotel lobby while taking pictures and the staff returned it to our room (annex), too bad i failed to get his name)
- hotel has swimming pool
- complete hotel complimetary items (toiletries, etc)
- complimentary wine from the hotel for our new year's eve celebration
- the hotel even has a thank you letter after we checked out, and a discount coupon for their partner hotel.
- we watched the fireworks from the hotel's veranda and it was very beautiful
to the management, it really is a great job!! 🥰🥰🥰
- i failed to ask or inquire about the room i booked, which is in annex. i didn't know that it was a block away from the main hotel, so is our parking, swimming pool, dining area, reception area.
- room is a bit small but the design compensates
- it was really hard adjusting the hot and cold water in shower. it was either too hot or quite cold 😅
- lacks outlet in the room