Calificación por los huéspedes
Calificación de Viajeros
Perfil del Viajero
Resumen de puntajes
Calidad del sueño
Well kept secret garden
Opinión escrita el 7 de Agosto de 2018
Robert Rivas O.P: "How beautiful the valley where the rivers flow the crayfish swims the birds sing there's goodness everywhere" is true to what we experienced at Amanecer this speakeasy nature centred property with its mix of historical and contemporary design is ideal for those that seek the tranquility, peace, and serenity that can only be found in the Valley that is Lopinot nestled in the lush forest of Trinidad's Northen rage
The view is great, but there are some hospitality and other issues they need to work on.
Opinión escrita el 12 de Marzo de 2018
Spent a weekend here with a group of people (couples) for a retreat. It is a nice location, very serene. The food was good.
1. The view from the rooms, pool area and reception area is exceptional.
2. Nevermind, some of the rooms do not have a/c, they are cool.
3. Free WiFi in the meeting rooms and reception.
4. There is a nice ambiance and quietness to the area (as long as there are no residents or bars playing loud music nearby).
1. Minimal front desk staff. We observed, on many occasions the telephone rang at reception more than 20 times before someone came to answer it.
2. The kettle in the dining area was too small for a large dining area that could accommodate at least 25 people. It held enough water to make 4 cups of tea/coffee.
3. The juice laid out for meals would be put in a large container and not labelled. Therefore, you had to seek out the staff to ask what kind of juice it was. Not good if you're hypertensive and not supposed to drink grapefruit juice or if you're allergic to a certain juice. It was also the only option for drinking other than coffee/tea.
4. I don't know if that place is a family run place, but there were a couple children running in/out of the kitchen and dining area who did not seem to belong to any guests.
1. Some of the glasses left for the drinking of juice were not washed properly.
2. The room we stayed in was definitely not cleaned before. It smelled mouldy and the bathroom had chunks of hair on the floor. The taps were not securely fastened in the bathroom and neither the sinks.
3. The pool was dirty around the edges, with mildew.
4. While swimming, large chunks of hair and plastic could be seen in the pool. While there was a sign indicating "pool rules", there was no one around to enforce them. One day, I observed a guy with uncovered dreadlocks down to his waist, bathing in the pool with a child.
1. From a security perspective, I don't like the idea having a roof that runs right outside my window. I would feel uncomfortable leaving the windows open if I were not in the room (to air out the room as it had no a/c), as an intruder could easily gain entry to the room. I would leave them open while in the room, because anyone walking on the galvanise would make a lot of noise.
2. The first room we stayed in the deadbolt was missing (there was a space in the door where it previously was), so securing the room while inside wasn't much of an option other than the remaining lock. We were eventually relocated because the remaining lock gave trouble.
Disappointed!!!!!!This place should not be opened until they get to code! Training required. Cleanliness required.
Opinión escrita el 7 de Agosto de 2017
This place is not ready for international travellers. It is not ready for locals. The reviews on the site and on Facebook was very misleading. We booked about two weeks in advanced and had to call in to ensure our booking only to realise they had the wrong date. When we arrived there was no one at the front desk to welcome or register. There were some children running around and we asked them to get us someone official. A lady came who looked like she had just risen from sleep. Not dressed properly and very unkempt. She looked in a notebook to see our names but looked unsure of the booking and arrangements. She indicated that the room was not ready but we can go look at the pool and she will inform us when the room became ready. We walked down several flights of steps to the pool and at each level noticed the unsanitary and uncleanliness of the place. Cobweb and dust everywhere. The tables in the pool area was full of garbage and the surroundings had tall grass. The pool looked like it was not being properly treated. At that point the children wanted to leave. We went back to the main hall and waited for the lady. Children were playing on a couch and wiping their hands from eating snacks on it. The lady came back and told us that the room was still being fixed for us. She asked about prices quoted and said that it was to be $300.00 Per person for the room. I indicated that this was not the arrangement and we had booked to have a day with lunch and pool access. She asked if we were staying the night. I realised she did not know of our booking or prior arrangements. She that she was going to make the bed. I saw a white sheet on the couch with the kids and another lady took it up. While waiting we saw a bag of chicken on the kitchen floor and the kitchen looking unhygienic. At that point we decided to leave. My children were uncomfortable from the minute we entered and there was no proper staff or security. The place was dirty and the children of the staff and people running around showed a lack of professionalism. The bag of raw chicken on the kitchen floor was the last straw. There was no way we would have a meal there or take a room. We immediately left. There was no one at the reception so we told one of the older kids to inform the lady that we were leaving. No one has called us on the numbers left initially. They must be aware that they are running a dump with no staff training. It is a pity really. The building has potential and the location can be used for persons needing rest and recuperation or eco tourism tours but as it is now it look and feel very very backward. this is not what Trinidad and Tobago needs.
Opinión escrita el 25 de Mayo de 2017
Beautiful country ambiance. Excellent food but auxiliary staff was not professional. They and their children are running down that establishment. Sad for a place with great potential. The two young ladies in proper uniform were very accommodating and seemed to have all the work. The freelancers who live there are going to destroy such a beautiful place. Very disappointed!
Josephine Merli... N
Opinión escrita el 7 de Mayo de 2017
My fiancé and I spent a weekend here for his birthday and it was wonderful! Customer service is important to me and Avianne and Ms. Helen made the weekend truly special for us both. The room was comfortable, pool was quite enjoyable and the food also was absolutely delicious! Will definitely be back again.