Friends is absolutely the wrong word for a hostel like this...
Reviewed 23 December, 2019
What an awful hostel. Could be the worst experience of an hostel ever.
It started when I asked for an early check-in at 12pm. The official check-in is at 2pm. They gave me the price of 25 PLN. My one night was even only 24 PLN. The pictures aren't even close to reality. Maybe 10 years ago. Exactly at 10am was check-out. Why not even 8 am or earlier? When I packed my bags I wasn't even allowed to take the locker till I leave at 3 pm. So I had to place my luggage in that tiny room which is kitchen and living room together and turns into reception between 12pm and 2pm. Therefore that other guest in that room which really can't have more than 2 people standing had to leave the room also because that room changed to reception now. They installed laptop and printer, lol. So I wanted to leave that shi*ty place and I wanted to store my luggage till my bus comes. The girl told me I can pick it up at 3pm. When I was there at 3 pm to get it, nobody was there and the access code enter the hostel wasn't valid anymore. Now I stood in front of a closed door with my luggage inside and I missed my bus because nobody was able to reach. 2 hours later I still couldn't reach anybody and still waiting for the answer. What an horrible experience. No way again. So unprofessional. Thanks, I'm done.
TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! AVOID IT! THE RECEPTION DESK BROKE MY PADLOCK AND GRABBED MY THINGS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.
Reviewed 17 September, 2018
I’ve been visiting Friends hostel since last year.I have been here so many nights, once even a full month, and everytime i am visiting it, it’s getting worst and worst. This is a small story over my last 3 weeks at this hostel.
1. I knew that my plane will arrive to Wroclaw at 1 am, so I called 3 days before my arrival to inform the front desk about my situation. They say: “There’s no problem, we have 24 hours open reception”. When I arrived they said that my reservation was cancelled because they didn’t know “nothing about me”.
2. We didn’t have paper on the WC for 4 days. I asked the cleaning lady for it twice. They just don’t care.
3. The internet stopped working for 2 days.
4. The bed shelfs on my room were broken for MONTHS. (Last day i was there was in january 2018, i returned in september, and still broken).
5. We didn’t have hot water for 2 days. One whole day the faucet didn’t work so we had very hot water.
6. The street door has not worked for 4 days.
7. One day, at the middle of my shower, the light just turned off.
8. One night at 1 am one guy was working with a drill. Today before my departure, same guy was working with the drill at 8 am.
9. The check in reception is really a shame. For this reason, twice, 2 guys were screaming outside the street wanting to enter to the hostel. The reception is in one separate building, upstairs without no lift (so it’s a problem if you have heavy stuff), so if you want to check in, you get really confused because there are 3 doors, and many codes. One visitor even hit the door very hard and everyone woke up at 2 am.
10. Minor details but important for me: Someone stole my shampoo, someone stole other people food, you have to push the button of the shower every 5 seconds, there are only 2 bathrooms in all the hostel, the whole staff are not friendly and sometimes they are rude, all the rooms stink a little bit of humidity and there is only 4 chairs for sitting, eating and hanging around with people (of course there is no TV).
Last night of my stay there i returned from street and all my personal belongings just dissapeared. Obviously I was very scared and i thought it was a robbery. I went to the reception and they told me that they did it intentionally because i was supposed to check out that day. It wasn’t true. I reserved until next day. They say they call me at my phone 3 times (i didn’t receive a single call). Also they said that they didn’t e-mail me because “they were very busy”. They say it was normal procedure (they didn’t care that i was a long costumer) and they broke the padlock i have behind the bed (they think that broke a padlock is “normal procedure”). The manager and the reception girl denied that day. Today they finally accept it and after many, many discussions we have in 2 days, they accepted to replace the padlock that they broke.
Last year Friends hostel was OK. Now it’s a nightmare and you can read in the most recent comments of the hostel on the Internet. It’s really a shame because they have a good location. But yes, they are cheap in all senses. I learned the lection: I will never return again.
Mixed feelings about this one
Reviewed 1 July, 2018
This hostel has a great location is really cheap, but the showers are bad after your shower the floor is full with water. it is an old building with a weird smell in the enterance hall. Receptionist was friendly. So i have mixed feeling about this one, for the location and the price i would recommend this one, but for the other things not so much
Reviewed 5 January, 2018
We have rented apartment via booking.com. It looked better on the pictures then reality, I guess the photos were taken just after the refurbishment. Place was clean enough however toilet stunk like it has been blocked forever. There is also a lot of noise coming from outside and the hallway. You are told not to smoke within the corridor outside the apartment which is fair enough however other people living in this building don't have to follow that rule and you could feel smoke inside of the apartment when someone was smoking outside. We needed to use the sofa bed as well and when it was assembled it was falling apart as the pillows were slipping aside. We have also been charged extra night for additional cleaning due to inability to rent the place on the day-this is pile of nuisance as we didn't leave the mess which would requiring cleaning for all day. Communicating with the staff about it was like talking to the wall and the charge was definitely excessive.I just left it as I didn't want to get even more annoyed then I was when I got email from the company about the extra cost. I am not staying in this place ever again and I don't recommend it.
Dirty and Stingy
Reviewed 30 November, 2017
You will never get your money back if anything goes wrong. It turned out that I had paid for 3 nights just for one night stay. And other bad comments below is so true, problems include:
1) the building is dark and old, which made me feel unsafe before getting into the room
2) the shower room is only partly covered by glasses. Water is everywhere after shower, and nothing is prepared for you to mop the floor
3) "beep" sound every 10-15 seconds, which came from the roof inside of the apartment. The receptionist could not fix it but brought me earplugs
4) wifi did not work
5) poor water drainage in sink
6) No one at the reception at 8:30am
7) I had left my personal belongings in the room but no one told me even though I went back to take my luggage in the late afternoon