Discover the magical world of the Shire in this mystical journey through Middle-Earth to the Hobbiton Movie Set. This trip is a must for any fan of the Lord of the Rings film trilogy. You can see for yourself where all your favourite scenes were shot, including the Party Tree, the Green Dragon Inn and Bilbo Baggin’s House. A knowledgeable guide will tell you all about the making of the films in this fascinating guided tour.
- Unravel the magic behind the Shire with a visit to the Hobbiton Movie Set
- Learn how this beautiful area was transformed into Middle-Earth
- Visit the Green Dragon Inn, and take a selfie infront of Bilbo Baggin's house!
The day starts when you are picked up from your hotel and meet your friendly local guide. We’ll travel southwards from Auckland over the Bombay Hills through the rolling countryside and rich farmland of the Waikato region. We’ll make a stop at the quaint market town of Cambridge where you can stroll down the tree-lined streets as you admire the cha...
- It is the traveler's sole responsibility to have all the necessary documentation up to date, so research in advance everything that is required at the destination of your activity.
Remember that with a pandemic, the documentation required may vary from place to place. Confirm what local authorities may require: proof of full vaccination, negative PCR test, and more. Find out what are the requirements of your destination and the location of the activity.
Oh, and don't forget to wear a mask, clean your hands often, and try to maintain social distance.
- Hotel exit:
- Pick-up available from selected hotels in city centre of Auckland. Pick-up time: At 6:45am.