Based on 814 review
Select the date of your trip
Property LocationWith a stay at Hotel Central Basilica, you'll be centrally located in Budapest, steps from St. Stephen's Basilica and 7 minutes by foot from Hungarian State Opera House. This 4-star hotel is 0.5 mi (0.7 km) from Szechenyi Chain Bridge and 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from Parliament Building. Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
- St. Stephen's Basilica - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
- Andrassy Avenue - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Kiraly Street - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
- Danube Palace - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
- Miniversum - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
- Vorosmarty Square - 0....More details
Check-out ends at: 11:00
Excellent staff, location and everything
Reviewed 9 march, 2020
Very well situated across the street from the Basilica and close to wine bars and restaurants this hotel is very good. The staff is excellent and helpful. Especially Georgina and Lazio, they are so kind and helpful. The breakfast is very nicely laid out and has lots of variety. Rooms are very well maintained and updated. I walked from here to all the sights. A good walk and an enjoyable day.
Reviewed 22 february, 2020
Very clean and comfortable and quiet. Friendly, polite staff. Great selection for buffet breakfast and good coffee. Convenient position for visiting tourists spots, and short walk to the river Danube.
Good hotel in great location - Pest side of Budapest
Reviewed 5 january, 2020
Very good 3 star hotel in an absolutely fantastic location across the road from the Basilica, which had a fabulous Christmas Market in front of it. On New Years Eve it was 'Party Time' in the Market with a wonderful atmosphere for all ages - children in buggy's through to grandparents. The Hotel is surrounded by great restaurants and is just a 10 minute walk to the Chain Bridge, which connects Pest with Buda. I would recommend this Hotel as a great base from which to explore all of Budapaest.
It’s really Central
Reviewed 23 december, 2019
The location of the hotel is excellent: it lays few steps way from Saint Stephen’s basilica. One can reach any of the tourist sights on foot from there...and if you feel tired or lazy, few meters away there is Deák Ferenc ter, the junction where the three metro lines meet and also hub for busses and trams. The hotel is clean and well kept. Travelling alone I got a double room for single use: it was a bit small for the hotel category, but enough for me. However for two persons that could have been a bit tight. It is very quite considering the location. Good breakfast. Pros: great location, cosy and well kept environment. Cons: small room, no hangers (I didn’t know where to put even my coat), the pressure of the water in the bathroom was too low (it was a bit awkward to take the shower).
Great location, terrible wifi
Reviewed 5 december, 2019
- Wi-Fi kept dropping - it was never consistent. It was so frustrating that I’m dropping the rating one star. - great location - Christmas market and basilica a few steps away - Nice breakfast. Lots of choice; staff continually cleaned tables and refreshed food, right up to the end of breakfast. - Be careful of the door sill going into the bathroom. It’s raised and made of metal - hubby stubbed his tie several times - Not a lot of space to unpack in. - Kept our luggage after we checked out, so we could sightsee. - room 211 - very quiet - at the end of a hall