Good hotel at a TERRIBLE location
Reviewed 15 April, 2016
The hotel is clean and the complimentary breakfast was very decent, but I heard from several locals that the area is extremely dangerous (terminal Guadalupe). When I asked the hotel staff about that, they simply said that it was ONLY unsafe to walk around the hotel alone (I was traveling alone, so they gave me something to worry about).
Apart from that, I had a good experience at Terrazas
Decent Hotel at a great price
Reviewed 1 July, 2014
We were a bit wary of staying here looking at the reviews but it was during the World Cup and it seemed like brilliant value so we went ahead and booked. It surpassed our low expectations and turned out to be a good place to stay. The rooms were clean and comfortable, although the bed was a bit small. The breakfast was very good and the free wifi was excellent. The hotel was close enough to the bus station that we could walk and within walking distance of the old town and some nice restaurants too.
All in all, not a very good experience
Reviewed 31 January, 2012
To be fair, there were some good things about this hotel:
- Polite and helpful staff in the entire hotel.
- Overall, a nice room, with good furniture, clean linen, tv that worked well.
- Good breakfast.
- Not too pricy.
- Excellent location, although not very advisable to walk in the neighborhood at night.
- Our room (facing the street) was very noisy at night.
- It rained and there was some serious water dripping just outside our room on top of the AC unit. It was so loud that it woke me up. It lasted for a long time and I couldn't sleep until it stopped.
- There was a stain on the carpet between the two beds that looked like blood. I hope it wasn't, or that would have been just too creepy.
- There was a reasonably big spider (about 2 inches) in the bathroom. I am terrified of spiders and thank god my daughter saw it before me, and took care of it. I've seen harmless spiders before and this one didn't look like it.
- Clogged showerhead, so there was very little water coming out, even though the pressure was good and I couldn't close the bathroom window very well, and there was quite a breeze coming in.
- Our room was at the end of the hall, and there were 2 other rooms right next to it, so whenever someone opened or closed their doors it felt like someone was coming into our room, it scared the life out of us a few times.
Very comfortable, cheap, and good location
Reviewed 5 June, 2010
I´ve been to Terrazas Park Hotel twice, in 2007 with my parents and in 2008 with friends.
The first time, my family and I had reservations at another hotel, in the same street, but when we arrived (around 1 a.m.), surprise! Nobody knew we were coming and they didn´t have rooms! Then we found Terrazas and the manager promptly attended us and got rooms for us. The next day, the other manager asked if we wanted to change rooms, if we were well installed etc.
And the best of all is the price: as we were 2 families, we had a good discount. By that time (2007) I payed R$ 49,00 for my single room. In 2008, it was R$ 59,00. Great price for the quality of this hotel.
Since then, I chose Terrazas as the hotel to saty when I go to Curitiba.
The hotel has a central location, close to the bus station, within walking distance to Universidade Federal do Paraná and to the Feira do Largo da Ordem (sunday mornings).
There were rstaurants, drugstores, groceries, stores nearby.
I stayed in single rooms both the times I´ve been there. My rooms had telephone, cable TV, AC, work desk, wifi (but I can´t say anything about is quality, as I didn´t brought a notebook), blackout curtains, reading lamp. Everything was very clean and the room was very comfortable. My rooms faced the backyard, so they were quiet.
The bathroom was very clean, with nice decoration and very good shower.
They also offer anti-allergic rooms, at the same price, but I didn´t try them.
All the staff is very helpful and polite. The maids are very polite also.
They have a businness center with internet access, free of charge.
There is a parking lot for guests, in the building aside the hotel, also free of charge.
Breakfast is included in the fee and is very good, with different types of bread, cakes, eggs, sausages, milk, yogurt etc.
Check in and chek out were quick.
Definitely this is the place to stay if you want comfort associated with good price.
I think this hotel is affordable also for businness travelers.
My family also enjoyed the stay, as did my friend, in 2008.
When coming back to Curitiba, this is the hotel where I will stay in.
Reviewed 7 August, 2021
Acomodação Agradável, lugar nem tanto...
O quarto me surpreendeu, pelo menos o que me foi disponibilizado, só não gostei do chuveiro que é elétrico, mas no dia não estava tão frio e ficou de boa.
O local perto de um terminal rodoviário não é muito legal a noite, mas pela manhã é bem movimentado com bastante comércio perto.
O café da manhã bom, quartos como disse, agradáveis e limpos.
Internet boa ...
Voltaria , certamente.