Calificación por los huéspedes
Calificación de Viajeros
Perfil del Viajero
Resumen de puntajes
Calidad del sueño
Worst Hotel Management
Opinión escrita el 24 de Agosto de 2021
This hotel deserves negative stars. I reserved a block of rooms over a year ago for my wedding and confirmed the block before sending out invitations. When guests called to reserve they were told it was canceled. I called the hotel to fix this only to have the manager hang up on me. Finally got a hold of someone else to reactivate the block and thought it was taken care of. Two months later I find out that half the time you call this hotel you get forwarded to a call center that cannot see the block. I went in person to talk to the manager at this location to ask him to fix this since their computer systems weren't matching up and guests couldn't make reservations. He told me this doesn't seem to be working out for us and canceled my room block so the few guests that were able to get through and make a reservation now had their room canceled. Multiple errors on their part, lazy and incomplete workers who weren't willing to fix these errors, and the worst customer service I have ever received from people who work in hospitality.
Nightmare (Please read)
Opinión escrita el 9 de Agosto de 2021
I had garbage sitting outside of our room for two days. The staff was very rude. I went to the front desk to ask if my sheets could be changed, and I was told I had to stay there for 7 days. I checked in on Wednesday and asked this question on Saturday. While speaking to the front desk staff, I had someone from another room yelling responses to me. I left and came back 5 minutes later to ask for the GM information. I found out that the person that was yelling responses from the office was the general manager. When he came out of the office, he was unprofessional. I asked if I would have to wait 7 days as a platinum elite member and his response was, "I do not care what your status is". He then started to tell me I was assaulting his staff. I only asked his staff 3 questions. I told the GM that he was very rude and unprofessional. He told me I could leave if I want. I informed him that I did not intend to leave since my 3-year-old was there for a wedding. I went back to my room. A little over an hour I received a call at my room from the front desk. I was told that the GM canceled my reservation, and I would be escorted out by the police. I informed the front desk that I did not do anything wrong, and we have a wedding to attend. I asked to speak to the general manager and the staff said he was in a meeting. The GM canceled my reservation because I told him that he was very rude and unprofessional. I recorded the initial interaction which I sent to a couple of news outlets. I ended up packing up our things and had to check into the Hampton Inn. When we left the hotel there were 3 police officers in the front. Again, there was no threat to staff or property. It was an unprofessional manager that was embarrassed because I told him, if he was the GM, it is rude to be yelling responses from his office. I also told him that he doesn't need to yell his responses, and I could tell he did not care about his job. He used his authority to rudely throw us out and called the police. I was embarrassed to leave the hotel after all these years I have used IHG. and I did nothing wrong but ask the front desk staff questions about the cleaning. Thank god I have a video of the initial interaction and the follow-up conversation. DO NOT STAY HERE. Customers complained the entire stay.
Stay anywhere else but here.
Opinión escrita el 6 de Julio de 2021
I hate writing bad reviews, but after receiving no response from hotel management, I'm forced to tell others about the terrible experience my family and I had during our stay. Upon arriving in the room, the coffee maker had dirty water and coffee grounds left in it. The front desk responded by saying, "We are really busy so it will be 5 - 6 hours before we can get you a new one." Then the second one they gave me (which I had to pick up at the front desk at 11 pm) made a popping sound and the top lid blew up, then it quit working entirely. No one ever did remove the old dirty one from the room. The bathroom door handle had a long clothing sticker left on it from the previous guest. There was no hairdryer in the bathroom. The desk chair was very dirty and had dried food stuck on the mesh portion. The hotel is well past due for a renovation. But worst of all, was that the morning we were checking out, we found a Mud Dauber Wasp nest INSIDE the room on the blackout curtains. Upon checkout I told the front desk about the problems and they said, "thanks for telling us." I called later on and relayed my concerns again to a different front desk agent and they indicated the general manager would return my call. That was over a week ago and still no phone call. This hotel doesn't care about cleanliness, service, or resolving problems - so there is zero reason to ever stay here. Very disappointed in the IHG brand continuing to allow this hotel to stay in the portfolio.
Aside from some lovely staff, extremely disappointing experience
Opinión escrita el 5 de Julio de 2021
Whew. Where to begin?
I want to first heavily emphasize that almost all front desk staff were very sweet and tried their best to accommodate us as best they could. We really appreciated their effort to make our stay enjoyable. Also interacted with one of the housekeepers and she was very nice, and one of the breakfast staffmembers was very helpful. It seemed like if anything the hotel is vastly understaffed and very few hardworking people are wearing too many hats. Some of the hotel conditions also seemed to be more so a byproduct of rude/discourteous guests.
Location was close to lots of restaurants and a Kroger one could only describe as “disgruntled.”
With that being said, the facilities were sorely lacking:
- room had barely been cleaned. Bathroom looked the best, but sheets were crumpled up (probably changed in a hurry - I get it) and there were water rings and grime on the surfaces. There was also a mystery lump of old Ice cream? A smore? Maybe? inside the AC unit grate. Furniture was in disrepair, and the foldout couch had a straw wrapper and stains on the mattress. The general conditions did not put as at ease regarding the cleanliness of the rest of the room. Seemed like housekeeping had to focus their attention on the most important parts - they should’ve been afforded plenty of time to clean the entirety.
- requested that housekeeping clean our room, and was told that service was reserved for 7+ day stays. Maybe a COVID thing? But why, if not more understaffing?
- speaking of COVID: plenty of signs requiring that masks be worn in common areas, but it was not enforced. Do with that what you will, as MI does not currently have a statewide mandate.
- hotel had a severe towel shortage. Front desk and housekeeping really came through for us here, but they should not have been put in that position to begin with.
- we ran out of toilet paper at one point and called the front desk to request more. We were told they were “out.” Not sure how it’s possible for a hotel to be out of such an essential item. Either he was feeling lazy or again, should not have been put in this position to begin with. Especially considering the several signs posted about the room advertising that we could phone the front desk for complimentary toiletries should we have forgotten any. TP didn’t feel like such a big ask.
- pool was looking pretty gross. Used towels strewn everywhere, the emergency backboard was floating in the pool, pool was greenish and cloudy, pool walls had a thin film of grunge just above the waterline. Water fountains were rusted out, rinsing shower was missing its knob, and the bathroom was filthy.
All in all, I was thoroughly disappointed in this Holiday Inn and do not recommend staying here. Management, if you’re reading: please support your employees/hire more manpower, and give this location some TLC as it is in dire need of repair and maintenance.
How can a hotel not have enough bath towels for their guests?
Opinión escrita el 15 de Junio de 2021
We arrived around 6 p.m. and found we didn't have any bath towels in our room. They offered my family of four rough, bath mats since they didn't have any bath towels. We spent two days there and every time we asked for towels, they only had bath mats. Our refrigerator didn't work either. We had to throw out our food. We were told a repairman would come first thing the next day. Had to remind them at 4 p.m. the second day that the refrigerator didn't work and we wanted real towels. We did get a working refrigerator, but never got towels. Really upsetting to pay extra to reserve a suite and not get the essentials.....