Cheap but not the best option in the area
Reviewed 8 June, 2021
I'm an IHG Elite customer, so let me start by saying, I prefer IHG hotels to other hotels. Not in this case. I'll also say that I already reviewed this stay via my IHG account, and the review was taken down, so traveler beware. I received an apology email from management yesterday, yet today I received a notification saying my review didn't post. Yeah ok.
The biggest problem I had with this hotel is that all of them are non-smoking, yet the stench of WEED on my floor (4) was ridiculous from the moment I got there until the moment I left. And that was 3pm-ish so not a night party thing.
The place needs to be upgraded (dark and dated), and the clientele is not what it used to be (I've stayed here a few times prior to this stay).
Convenient but old
Reviewed 6 February, 2021
My wife and I stayed here for a night on our way to NY. Overall, we generally like Holiday Inns, but we will likely not be returning here.
- convenient location (right by GW Bridge)
- relatively clean rooms
- designated quiet area rooms available
- first front desk staff didn’t wear a mask at all, and didn’t seem to have on nearby (& didn’t enforce rules on guests who only had their mouths covered)
- hallways and elevators often smelled strongly of weed
- rooms are generally outdated & our stay would have been better if some things were renovated
- in particular, the heater was REALLY LOUD and woke up my wife at least twice (while it was on auto)
Reviewed 3 March, 2020
While we enjoyed our stay there are some things we feel the hotel could do to take things to a higher level. Try the following and remember these are just observations after staying here:
1. Update the rooms a little and for heavens sake put lightbulbs in all the lights in the room. We asked the cleaning crew for a lightbulb and we were told you had to go to the front desk to get one. Uhh...No! That’s not what a guest does that’s what the staff does.
2. How about complimentary coffee throughout the day. Taking up the free coffee at 9am and then charging $3 for a small styrofoam cup just doesn’t cut it in today’s marketplace.
3. We used the shuttle to midtown New York and the driver told us if we needed to return earlier to call and they would change our time. However when you do call to return earlier they act like they have no clue what your talking about. This is an easy one, pick a policy and go with it.
Again just some thoughts guys that’s all. Other than these things not that bad of an experience.
Stayed over at Holiday Inn due to son's track meet and impending storm.
Reviewed 19 January, 2020
My son and I went down to the city for his track meet. Due to his late event and impending storm, I decided we should stay over. I chose to stay at this hotel overnight since it was at a convenient location. The front desk staff were awesome. They were friendly and really helpful answering some of my questions. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The reason I give it a 3 instead of 4 or 5 is for a couple of reasons: When I ordered room service, I was asked to come downstairs and pick up the food. I almost dropped the tray. Also, when I took a shower, the water was not going down the drain fast enough so the water would stay on the tub. In addition, the hotel is dated and needs a little bit of work.
Other than that, I would come again as the staff was great and the room was clean and comfortable.
Reviewed 3 December, 2019
The only good thing about this hotel is location. The nightly rate should be much cheaper. The hotel is extremely outdated, the beds aren’t queen, maybe full, the halls wreaked of marijuana, and the rooms could’ve been cleaned better, cobwebs in the corners. The front desk staff were nice, the shuttle into the city is convenient. The entire hotel needs revamping. Karaoke was loud Saturday night which is understandable. Early Monday morning the maintenance crew were out with the leaf blowers and the gas fumes were coming in the room. I wouldn’t stay here again.