Calificación por los huéspedes
Calificación de Viajeros
Perfil del Viajero
Resumen de puntajes
Calidad del sueño
Clean room and friendly staff, but a no frills stay
Opinión escrita el 25 de Julio de 2021
A large, clean & quiet room and a front desk staff that was friendly and helpful. The group we were meeting with reserved a block of rooms, so we had reasonable rates for our stay.
We were disappointed the onsite restaurant was closed during the time we were there, which led to some inconvenience as we were traveling with a car trailer and didn't want to drive this through traffic just to get a quick something to eat (hooking & unhooking the thing is a pretty big job, too.) The hotel did have grab & go items in the little shop in the lobby, including breakfast options that could be heated in the microwave. We didn't do this, but saw several people getting things. However, the bar was opened in the evenings and we enjoyed the banter with the bartender, who had some entertaining stories. Great guy.
Considering the challenges with COVID and recent uptick in recreational travel, I'm not going to worry about the small things we'd usually expect in a nice hotel of the Sheraton brand, but do need to mention the coffee situation was dismal. We had a couple options - the traditional large urn that seemed like it was made by someone who doesn't drink coffee and the Mars brand version of a k-cup machine in the lobby. The first was unpotable and the second would have been semi-ok if we had another option than powdered creamer. A small complaint perhaps to those who don't rely on the bean to start their day. But to me, this is serious business. Honestly, I'd pay another buck a day to have some half & half at the coffee station.
One more reason for the 4-star rating is the shower curtain was stained on the bottom. If it was changed recently and is that water-stained, then it's time to replace it.
Opinión escrita el 25 de Junio de 2021
The staff is 5 star!! Everyone at front desk is top notch. From check in to check out. I needed an iron at 10 pm and they found one. They are all keepers & hotemos lucky to have them.
Rating is minus 2 stars due to expecting more from a Sheraton. The hall ways are a bit dark, carpets dirty, smells musty. Rooms have been redone. beds & pillows get a 5. Oddly little decoration in rooms. Wall with TV and window wall have nothing - feels unfinished. The towels I would give 0 stars. Little arm chair needs a end table or foot rest. Otherwise not really functional.
The washcloths felt like burlap and seem so used - you could see through them. The bath towel was the size of the towel I wrap my baby in or my largest tea towel at home. It was also old & scratchy. The hand towel was branded “Sheraton” and it was great quality - wish all the towels were their brand. A/C is VERY loud. Had to turn up TV really loud to hear over it. IF A/C fan is off the highway is quite loud. Time for new windows.
Nice food choices in store being made in house since restaurant not open yet.
Not on Par with other Sheratons
Opinión escrita el 21 de Junio de 2021
The good first: solid Sheraton bed and nice bathroom countertops. Good sheets and pillows. The bed and the pillows are the main attributes needed to have a decent hotel and these are 4 or 5 star worthy pieces of the Four Points Kalamazoo. The shower and bath had the high quality Speakman nozzles. The front desk people are great folks too. I apologize in advance to the front desk staff for having to rate you as a 2 out of five but the overall dirtiness of the hotel pretty much overrides the good.
The bad: the hvac unit did not cool the room much at all. The hvac unit was also filthy (see photos). The bath towels are in nearly as bad a shape as my old college towels were long ago. Someone had slapped a dirty handprint on the reflective stainless in the elevator and I’d bet it was still there today.
I’m not sure if Marriott has decided to let the old Starwood brands go or not but I’d recommend they get back on the road and visit some of their properties carrying their brand. This hotel needs a major facelift and deep cleaning to bring it back to Marriott standards or it should probably be rebranded as a budget line hotel brand.
Good value, good staff, rooms less than expected for "Four points by Sheraton" brand.
Opinión escrita el 29 de Novembre de 2020
* Good policy on face coverings required for guests and staff during Covid19, and signs at every entrance and elevator. Hand sanitizer also at the elevator.
* When I checked in, front desk staff was like at a 4 or 5 star hotel.
* I briefly encountered two different room service staff in the halls. Again, top notch in personality, like at a 4 or 5 star hotel and seemed happy so probably paid above other hotels.
* Furniture in room was spotless for dust -- in my experience, better than a 4 star hotel. Furniture was nice.
* The carpet doesn't look nice, but doesn't look dusty. Still, the room smelled dusty. I don't kbow why. Maybe the air conditioner?
* Bathroom was well cleaned, had a new floor, but an old tub, oddly dirty ceiling, and the craftwork at the baseboards looked badly done, like at a 2 star hotel. They evidently got that work done cheaply. I'm not a craftsperson and I think I would have done a better job or at least covered the gaps with some caulk.
* Shower drainage was acceptable, though certainly not four star.
* Overall, this has some aspects above 3 star and some below 3 star hotels. For this price, I give it 4 stars. I consider it a good deal at $80 per night and below, and a fair deal at $100. Still, it might be a better deal than other hotels in the area, depending on the prices when one visits.
Nice Room, Nice Staff, Close to Airport
Opinión escrita el 26 de Novembre de 2020
I can’t Rate high enough about Holly, super friendly, super sincere and knows how to engage in conversation. We travel throughout the country and Most of the time front desk wants to get you in and. Get you to your room, Holly was SPOT ON, she is proud of what she does and it shows. She is a GREAT asset to this hotel. Thanks again Holly for great customer service