For $115, it's an excellent value
Reviewed 25 May, 2021
It's been awhile since I've been out of town. It's been even longer since I've stayed in a hotel and had a chance to write a review. So when I had the opportunity to get out of New Mexico (and their nonsense covid restrictions) I took off to nearby Lubbock TX and spent money in TX on clothes and gifts for my daughter.
It was sort of a last minute decision so I knew finding a hotel for under $100 would be hard. I tried Priceline but didn't feel the Pricebreaker deals were good. So I did quite a bit of research and ended up at Arbor Inn. And it was well worth the research.
When seeing reviews, I look for two things: 1. How many contributions the reviewer has submitted. I find it shady when I see a bad review by a +5 contributor followed by a great review by a first time contributor. Seems shady. I also find it shady when a first time contributor goes off on a hotel. So I look for reviews by established contributors and I hope my experience, despite lack of recent reviews, will allow you to have some sense of confidence. 2. How good or bad rating was qualified. If the review is one because of bad front desk person, does that really impact my stay? Maybe yes. Maybe no. So I hope my review makes sense. With that prologue over, I appreciate your patience. Let's review...
1. Front Desk/Lobby- If I go into a restaurant and it smells I'm out. I don't care how positive the reviews. Likewise with hotel lobbies, first impressions are big factors in perception. Arbor Inn was clean and had a friendly person at the check-in, he even asked if I had a preference, which I've never been asked before, even when staying at the $200 places. 100
2. Initial room impression- I have uploaded some cheap cellphone photos so don't let the lack of detail take away from my positive review. The room was clean, the toilet worked, the bed looked clean and it didn't smell like smoke. There were some cosmetic issues by the toilet, a dead moth by the iron and the shower faucet was not the new fancy detachable type. But did the tile leak water or stop the toilet? No. Did the dead moth make me uncomfortable? No. Was the shower hot and not leaking? Yes. 100
3. Location- Was the hotel easy to find? Yes. Was it conveniently located to stores, shops and restaurants? Yes. Was it too close to the highway that highway traffic made it difficult to sleep? No. So far this hotel is batting 100.
4. Safety- I don't care if a hotel hits #1-4, if I don't feel safe, I will not return. And this hotel felt safe. I went by some hotels on I-27 and there were people hanging out at the front entrance at 10pm. I don't like that. Anytime I left the hotel, there was nobody roaming the parking lot. The neighborhood was commercial and felt clean and safe. 100
5. Value- I don't like it when people pay $50 and complain about bed bugs, pay $75 and complain about comfy beds or scratchy towels. You get what you pay for. However, I cannot afford much more than $100 so I have to be careful to not complain about the little things like the shower faucet. I felt safe, I had a hot shower, the fridge kept my food cold, the tv remote worked, I slept well and they let me have a breakfast brown bag which I snacked for my trip home. 100
I would definitely recommend this place. I would definitely return. Thanks Arbor Inn and Suites for doing your best to keep rates reasonable without diminishing the comfort and cleanliness.
My son graduated from TT
Reviewed 9 May, 2021
Absolutely loved our stay!! Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The hotel itself is beautiful and loved the suite with the kitchen and balcony! You want the best experience, this is It! Thank you!!
So so disappointed...
Reviewed 23 December, 2020
We had stayed at rhe Arbor Inn twice before, the last time being in 2013. Since it had been 7 years, I expected that the hotel would show some age but not nearly to this degree. The Arbor Inn was easily my favorite hotel before this last weekend! The room was clean enough but the furnishings were very run down. I don't know if every room was in as poor of shape as ours, but ours was bad.( I will try to post a picture of the desk chair which was the worst.) Also, the bedside lamp was a problem because of the florescent glaring bulbs not shaded properly. On the positive side, the room was clean enough and had nice amenities like a makeup mirror, small fridge etc. The front desk staff and housekeeping was friendly. Sadly though, I would never choose this hotel when we travel to Lubbock again.
Reviewed 23 October, 2020
We tried staying here and the keys for the room would not work! We tried to see if maybe we could get a different room or the problem resolved. Rather than working with us they became hostile. Pretty much telling us to leave. When I asked about my refund they told me they never charged my bank. When I pointed out that the transaction had gone through I was called a liar and told I did not know what I was talking about. Still waiting on our refund as we never even walked into the room.
great place to stay
Reviewed 11 May, 2020
good rates and good service I would stay here anytime would recommend this hotel for everyone. You can keep your pet here. Had a good location. Wish they had hotels in other cities. Heading back to Lubbock at the end of May and I will stay at this same hotel.