Reviewed 31 December, 2018
I gave a 1 because I couldn't give a zero. DW Oceanfront Resort in Miami is a trashy place and I would never stay there again.
The room looks nothing like the pictures you see on their website. They have no dressers to put clothes in. They have 6 hangers for a double queen room for up to 4 people. You can’t put toilet paper in the toilet it goes in the trash can. You get no wash cloths for your face and body because “people misuse them”. I was told to use my hands to wash my body and face while in the shower. It's a good thing I brought a luffa, but it doesn't work on your face too rough. We had to go across the hall to the convenient store to buy wash cloths at 2 for $4.89. There were bugs, thankfully it was on the morning we were packing up to leave or I would have come unglued. Their front desk is in the basement in a small room with 2 chairs and the woman speaks no English. She calls a guy and hands you the phone to talk. The room had rust behind the bathroom door, rusted out shower head, rusted out drain in shower & sink, microwave was disgusting, broken glass mirror in “living room”, & duct taped glass in “living room.” Tile in bathroom was slapped together with tile that didn’t fit. It was suppose to be a queen room with queen beds and beds were double beds. The beds were hard as bricks. No door handle to get into the room. To get into the room, you put your key in deadbolt & push door open. The other side had a door handle that did nothing except allow you to pull the door open. Two deadbolts & only 1 worked. Safe in room was locked & was told they were broken & they were from someone else. If you get any stains on the towels you pay for them. I have never been so scared to dry my hands for fear of getting a stain on them. You can only exchange towels & pool towels between 10-12 so if you have an excursion you are screwed. We were told not to open the sliding glass door more than a minute because it would create mold and condensation from A/C would flood the unit. If you are considering this place, don't. Motel 6 would probably be better.
STAY FROM THIS PLACE!
Reviewed 4 September, 2018
Would've given a CERO rating but couldn't as you have to choose a star in order to post.
Also, a few details on how we found the room:
- As soon as we entered the room, we noticed a smell, a mixture of humidity, mold and wax scented warmer device. We decided to turn of the warmer to see if the smell improved, unfortunately it did not but the contrarary. All our clothes, hair, luggage, ect., smelled just like the room (we noticed this once we left the room)
- Near the air conditioning vent as you can see in the photo - is bubbled up, has water stains, etc.; this might be retaining water, moisture, probably the cause of the bad smell in the room
- In some of the pictures you will notice how dirty the floor is (nail clippings, old food crumbs, dust, etc.) and walls look like there never been cleaned.
- There's roaches, actually the one on the photo I killed with my shoe as it was crossing the counter
- The bathroom was disgusting as you can see in the photos it is dirty, moldy, hinges and screws are corroded, bathtub looks like as if it were painted with household paint which is peeling off
- There was hair on the bed
- The pull out bed mattress as you can see in the photo has a big stain looks like blood
- In Booking.com - the room description specified double room with queen beds - this is not true and misleading, the beds are full size with queen headboards (see pictures)
- In addition, the management office staff was not helpful and/or empathetic to the situation.The next day I went to the management office during office hours and as soon as we walked in the office staff had a bad attitude, the tone was hostile and defensive. They immediately expressed they could not do anything as they where booked (no room available) and could not refund our money as I have to do this through Booking.com. The staff contacted the Manager via phone call and he said he will charge me only one night and refund me the next night as I was checking out.
Two days later I call and the Manager is screaming at me saying that he will not refund my money as I was disloyal for taking pictures of the place and that I will have to speak to their lawyers if I posted anything on social media. Let's see whats going to happen now that I posted and shared my experience at this horrible place.
NO FRILLS & No Trimmings
Reviewed 6 August, 2018
Wow, what an awful experience. First off parking is all Valet which I also had to pay $19.95 Daily (not part of the hotel rate) plus valet Tip. Lobby of the hotel and the elevator is great (Vaulted ceiling). My room was on the 11th floor which had a nice hallway. The room itself was not so great. AC had a separate switch from the AC unit thermostat which I did not know until a day later. So, I thought the AC was not working. AC was very loud and irregular. Room needs a paint job. Furniture are straight from IKEA. Bed squeak really bad. Pillow was really flat and we had to pad it up with towels. Pillow was about 1 inch thick. TV had many stations but they were not HD. Windows were dirty to look thru. Nice view from 11th floor but not worth it with the dirt on the windows. There was a old fashion coffee maker but no free or sample coffee. I was really grumpy the first morning. Bathroom was leaking in many different places. Drips from the tub kept me awake for a while. Edges of the mirror were damaged. The shower was leaking and moldy. No ventilation in the shower caused the bathroom to get sweaty. The tub had no stopper. Most of all the water temperature was not consistent. Every 30-45 seconds the water got really hot (90+ degrees). My kids burned their skin but was able to step away really fast. I had to exchange my own towel on the lobby every day. They get mad if the towels had a stain. I had to also go to lobby for extra toilet paper. Overall, I paid just over $520 for a three-night stay. There was way too many rules and regulation to worry about while on a vacation.
Reviewed 17 July, 2018
I stayed at this aparta hotel with my family from 7/3/18 to 7/9/18 and it was a terrible experience. 1-No customer services
3-no house keeping
4- no new towels or toilet paper (you have to go downstair to request new towels or tissue)
5- the staff are disrespectful, not educated, not acknowledgeable about the job and screams at the customer.
6- nothing is at walking distance(have to walk 20 mm to get to restaurants)
7- the pool close early at 7pm.
8- the room is horrible with no phone and beds without frame.
9-the bathroom is not in good condition -please see photos. You can explore other aparta hotel in this building but do not do DW Oceanfront Resort.
10- the kitchen is not in good condition and the fridge is very old. I felt i was in terrible apartment while staying here.
Reviewed 11 March, 2018
Parking is $20 which I was not told. There are no wash cloths. I was informed they stopped providing them because makeup got on them and it's not cost effective to supple them. This room cost us $170! You can buy wash cloths at the dollar tree. Don't stay here...you don't save any money!