Excellent West Island location, very clean hotel, full breakfast
Reviewed 15 October, 2021
I’ve stayed at this hotel a few times over the last months visiting a family member in LTC. It is clean, the rooms have a nice décor and it is in a great location for the West Island.
What I liked:
- In general, a very clean building and clean rooms. There are hand sanitizers in front of every elevator and wipes on the first floor in from of the reception. I find this excellent for a germaphobe like me! Btw – During the pandemic, I’ve walked with wipes and clean all surfaces when I first check-in. I haven’t seen any dirt or dust. To find dust, you literally have to go searching.
- Check-in and Check-out are both pretty fast
- The room with one King bed is very big and there is a separate bedroom. The design has nice tiling on the floors that carry into the washroom, which give it a pretty clean look. There is a good desk to work or eat. There is a TV is the living room area and in the bedroom. Between the bedroom and the washroom, there is a large open closet and a make up area. The kitchenette is also clean and there is a mini fridge and small microwave
- The room with two Queen beds is larger than most hotels and you don’t feel cramped. The difference between the Kings and two queens – is you don’t have a separate closed in bedroom or the open closet with make up area.
- There is a full breakfast with eggs, bacon/sausage, toast/croissant, some type of fruit. This is served to you … so it is done in a safe and clean way. The drinks and coffee are to the side. There is plenty of space in the restaurant area.
- I never made it back for happy hour, but the bar area looks nice. You get a free drink between 5 – 7 pm.
- I didn’t use the gym or laundry room – both a good size and looks clean
- Excellent location – just off the highway, close to Fairview Mall, Marche de Ouest. There is an IGA, Shoppers (Pharmaprix) and Walmart within walking distance in the back of the hotel.
What could be improved:
- During my last visit, the glass tray in the microwave was missing. Housekeeping was able to replace, however it made me wonder why this was missed?
- Most people will leave take-out outside their door to have it picked up and avoid getting food odors in the room. I left mine out at a decent time (before 9PM), but the next morning I saw the bag still wasn’t picked out. I don’t know if this had anything to do with the Thanksgiving holiday, but when I checked out the take-out bag was still there.
- In the rooms with two queens, the position of the TV is in front of the windows. While, I understand completely the placement, it means it isn’t heads on to the couch or bed.
-While several hotels give out these tickets for breakfast and drinks, I really wish this archaic practice could be changed. You end up with a ton of paper and I wasn’t the only one going back to my room for taking up the room slip. Sorry – this is not a way to start your day on a good note – despite a smile and apologies. To me, either go back to the days where there is a guest list, and they check your name off. Or, in a large chain they should be able to put this information on your room key. That would be more contactless than all this paper.
Reviewed 29 September, 2021
Clean hotel. Large, stylish rooms. Very comfy bed. Friendly staff. Nice happy hour and decent breakfast. Free parking.
Gabbi (the bartender) was very warm, welcoming and attentive. Which was much appreciated when travelling alone.
The Ladies at breakfast were very accommodating.
Front desk made check in and check out a breeze.
I would stay here again!
Reviewed 28 September, 2021
The hotel was too close to the highway for my liking. It’s a nice hotel. Great breakfast staff. Friendly reception. Check out was quick. Covid protocols were followed. Overall a nice stay. The bed was extremely comfy.
Perfect in everyway
Reviewed 16 September, 2021
Recently stayed four nights and everything from check in to check out was excellent - Friendly staff - Clean bright suite with two large TVs a desk small fridge and micro wave - As we had a handicapped room the large walkin shower was a wonderful convenience - Good breakfast selection with friendly staff - Would certainly stay again -
Very good place to stay
Reviewed 30 August, 2021
Clean big rooms, great complimentary breakfast.
Out of many properties I have been too this one had very sizable units, definitely would come again or suggest others.
Considering covid times , this hotel served hot breakfast and evening drinks