Reviewed 18 September, 2021
First off, the very best.
Beyond the beauty of the facilities I have to remark the beautiful people that made our time outstanding.
At the “Must Sweet & Coffee” Olga, Reinaldo, Dorka and Yoseline . Please take the time to meet them and you will have the best service ever. Olga, walked the extra mile and prepared a pina colada for my wife that was beyond this world. Reinaldo the barista, very kind man, does The best coffee at the hotel.
At “Islas restaurant”, Maly and Mr. Juan took care of us as we were royalty. Maly took the time to look for passions fruits and prepared for us a delicious juice. Mr. Juan was always gracious and very attentive.
The service at Eden-pool was very good and the saxophone player, Juan Sax, spectacular; don’t miss it
Eren our concierge, excellent; she took care Of all our dinner reservations, Covid test, etc. Kudos!
The hotel has wonderful facilities, the food at the restaurants is good, however not the very best, not in accordance with the level expected
We were taken for a sales talk that was supposed to last 60 minutes and it extended for about 3 plus hours. Although the salesman Ulises was very attentive and gracious, (kudos just for him) after him 2 new persons showed up trying to force us to buy their product. They were very rude and disrespectful once they found out that we were not buying anything. Even though their very last offer was a good one for us I just said “NO Thank You. Very bad sale strategy and again, very disappointing and disrespectful
We usually rate our destinations with a very simple question: should we back or not?
We definitely will come back mainly for the beauty and kindness of the people that took care of us.
They will change the price of quotes just because they fill like it- with no explanation.
Reviewed 17 September, 2021
We arrived for a day pass for a birthday party. They initially stated 89- which is what the website stated for a day pass. After signing 86 pages of items, they went up on the price to 125.00 American dollars. This is ridiculous!! Management wouldn’t even come out to discuss why the change was made. It’s clear that the hotel is money hungry and will take advantage of customers. I would never visit this hotel again.
Reviewed 17 September, 2021
1. Do not exist different between Legendary to normal guest
2. Legendary don’t have premium drink and area.
3. My wife is pregnant and any train around, most of the time we had to walk. Some train told me I cannot drop you because we have to do a tour ( new members)
4. I had indigestion and it was supposed i don’t need to pay because I have insurance, when I was doing check out hotel charged me 80$ (1 injection and Omeprazole)
5. Room service do not have soup in case you feel bad.
7.Some areas has damage installation.
8. Music 80% reggaetón 20% rock
9. We were 40 people and the last day hotel do a COVID test, when we received result two people was positive. Hotel don’t allow you go out to do another test, we had to go to another laboratory because it was strange two people was positive so all was negative… hotel the only solution they give you is isolate you in a separate room for 15 days.
Not good. Will not return to this resort.
Reviewed 15 September, 2021
My spouse and I stayed at the Hard Rock Punta Cana for ten nights. This resort is quite large with 1,775 rooms currently, and it isn’t adult only. Normally, we wouldn’t choose this resort because of these reasons. Our nephew and his bride chose this resort for their destination wedding, so that is why we stayed here.
The pre-wedding dinner and the wedding and wedding reception/dinner staff were awesome! Our nephew and his new bride had a fabulous wedding ceremony on the beach; perfect in every way. The pre-wedding dinner and the reception dinner options were plenty and quite good. And the staff couldn’t have done a better job making sure that everyone was taken care of, especially the wedding couple.
The entertainment crew at the beach and the Drum pool were also awesome! This crew was fun! It was obvious that they enjoyed their work and the people that they met. We especially enjoyed the dart games and horseshoes on the beach. A few in our group enjoyed the dance lessons as well. Thank you to Luis, Nixon and Carlos for filling up part of our days with fun activities.
The wait staff we had at the beach and at the pool were awesome as well. On the beach, it was mostly Maura who took excellent care of us. We drank a lot of water every day, and Maura made sure that we had plenty of it. She also made us plenty of drinks too! And talk about a genuinely sweet person. At the Central pool, it was Ramone that took care of our wedding group. He was very busy not only taking care of 10-20 in our group and others around the pool. He too is a genuinely sweet person. One time he brought our group drinks on a surfboard and actually got into the pool to deliver them. Outstanding service and fun!
Now for the downside of the resort, and there are far too many in our opinion:
• We stayed in a Caribbean Sand Suite and we stayed in 2A. We got this type of room because it offered the closest proximity to the beach. It turned out however, that we couldn’t use the beach huts straight out from our room/building because that was only for Legendary Members. And it turned out that the next area with beach huts were for Royalty Members. For us common folk, we had to walk about ¼ mile down just to get to the beach huts that we could use. That totally negated the reason for getting a Caribbean Sand Suite room in the first place. We may as well have been in one of the buildings nearer the lobby. The resort should have placed us in a building closer to the common beach hut areas that we could use; maybe 5A or 7A. Money wasted for sure.
• Every day but one, we didn’t get some basic items for our room. Each day but one, we called for all of some things; water, beer, hand towels and washcloths. After about three calls for towels and water, the office called us because they saw that we were calling for items. They were displeased and trying to make sure that things got better. They checked on us a few times after that, but we only had one day after that call that we actually got everything we needed.
• Three days in a row our room keys didn’t work. Each time we needed a maintenance person to come to our room (not easy since we were so far from the lobby) and one time we had to go to the lobby to have the keys fixed. Then on our last full day, the door batteries failed, so the door had a red light. We waited for maintenance to come and that time it was a ridiculous 30 minutes that we waited outside our door. The batteries were replaced, but several hours later, they had failed again. Yep, maintenance had to come and swap the batteries again. At least we didn’t have to wait 30 minutes; more like 5-10. Getting someone to come isn’t easy btw. You have to find someone in the building that has a walkie talkie and speaks English. Otherwise, you have to go all of the way to the lobby, which is about a ten-minute walk.
• The food situation is dreadful. If you don’t mind eating junk food at the beach or pool, having limited options at the beach or pool, waiting in long lines at the Market for any meal or Isla for breakfast or making a reservation well in advance for every restaurant except the Market, then you’d be fine with this resort. We hated it. The food at the market was tolerable. The options were very limited and way too many people. The lines at the different Market food selections was often a 15-20 minute wait. Isla for breakfast was good, but weekends were horribly busy and the line to get seated was way too long. We waited about 20 minutes for a table on a Saturday. The resort is way too big for the low number of restaurants, especially for breakfast. They just can’t keep up without having their clients wait and wait and wait. One day we left the beach to go get food at the Bistro to take back to the beach. They really didn’t like that we didn’t want to sit and eat it there. And we ordered an extra sandwich for someone in our group and at first the wait person came back and said they wouldn’t allow us to have a third sandwich. We were like what the heck? This is all inclusive and if we want an extra sandwich, so be it. We did end up getting the third sandwich. Another day watching a football game in the bowling bar, one of us went to the Market to get some pizza to bring back. They told us only this one time (and was told only one slice of pizza), but they wouldn’t allow food to leave the Market after that one time. Ridiculous that you can’t get food to take to one of the bars or to the beach without difficulty.
• The wait staff at the restaurants are great. We were always taken well care of by the wait staff at every restaurant.
• Room service menu is limited, but a great way to get breakfast. And the food was pretty good. We preferred this over the Market or Isla.
• Super long lines at the bar for drinks at the pool especially. The beach is better, but still there is wait time.
• Have to wait in those long lines at the pool and beach bars for water. Water shouldn’t be so difficult to get. They should have coolers fully stocked with water bottles on ice and easily accessible.
• The only beer option is Presidente. Absolutely no other beer options at this resort.
• The resort isn’t actually all inclusive. Some of the food and wine options are extra, as well as a few of the activities like bowling, miniature golf and the surfing pool.
• Tried to get three beach/pool towels and was told no. Only allowed two towels per person. Never mind that you have another person or two that you’re getting the towels for.
• The beach was really nice. The waves are big and quite rough. Most of our stay was red flag days; only two days out of ten were yellow flag. The lifeguards were great. They were very concerned with folks going too far in the surf on the red flag day. They’d tell you not to go past your knees on the red flag day, but they couldn’t stop everyone. One day a man and his son that looked to be 12 or 13 went too far out and the surf pulled them out more. We think the son got back on his own, but his father had to be pulled in by the lifeguard. The lifeguard used a flotation device attached to a rope. It was a helpless feeling watching, but what a relief it was that the lifeguard was able to get the father back to shore.
• Had to wear a bracelet and if you lost it, it would cost $75 for a replacement.
• The casino only had four seats available at the blackjack tables, probably due to COVID, but they only had three tables. The minimums at the tables were $15, $25 and $50. Too high of a minimum and it was impossible to get a $15 minimum seat. Ended up at the $25 minimum table and won $200. Also, if we’re wearing the bracelet, shouldn’t the all inclusive drinks apply here also? Had to pay for drinks unless you were actively gambling. Not like the casino is a separate entity.
• Went to the Sports Bar in the casino on Sunday to watch football, and none of the many tv’s were on. Apparently, the Sports Bar isn’t open on Sunday?
• For COVID cleanliness, I saw very little. Staff were good about wearing masks, but as far as wiping down tables at the pool or in the bars in the main building, I saw one person spray and wipe a table after someone left. Nothing during the day at the pool area/tables and nothing at the beach. Yet, there was a signs on every table indicating that it was sanitized and clean.
• COVID testing was fairly simple. Setting up the appointment took standing in yet another line to schedule the appointment. We got there early morning so the line was short. Then taking the test was another small wait for us. Results were received within three hours.
We wouldn’t recommend this resort. At this cost, you can get a resort that is truly all inclusive and is able to provide much better food options and service with little to no wait time for food or drink. Our recommendation is Excellence Resorts. We stayed at the Excellence Punta Cana eight years ago and also stayed at several other Excellence Resorts and the quality, service and food options are outstanding. Usually, we are sad when we have to go home, but this time we couldn’t wait to leave. Even if we were offered a free stay at this resort, we’d turn it down.
Great Trip & even better staff
Reviewed 15 September, 2021
great trip! the entertainment team by the pool was making the days so fun. Fransico, luis, alexander, carlos, vladimir we’re just the few entertainment staff that made the days enjoyable even if it rained.. they always had something to do.