Give it a miss
Reviewed 24 September, 2016
My husband and I stayed at this Hostal last night and we really wouldn't recommend it! We were a little sceptical on arrival due to the fact most of the reviews for this place are very old, but we had to book somewhere ASAP and thought this would be a cheap and cheerful option. We booked a room with a private bathroom. When we arrived, the man at the desk (a pleasant man) explained that there was a problem and we couldn't have our own bathroom. Obviously this wasn't what we wanted to hear as we had booked a private bathroom but we were polite and went with it anyway, thinking it's just for one night and we will make do. We wish we hadn't. The men's toilet was blocked (disgusting, nearly made my husband throw up) and there was only ONE loo. One men's loo and one female, simply not enough for the size of the place. The rooms themselves were very basic, nothing in them apart from a bunk bed and a single bed, oh and a plastic chair. The breakfast room was possibly the most depressing place we have ever seen and you have to walk through the breakfast room to get to the shared bathroom, lovely.
All in all we did not have a good experience here and wish we hadn't stayed. We know it is cheap and some say that you get what you pay for but we have stayed in some lovely little places for the same price, that have been very well cared for.
Don't stay here - rude owner and staff, dirty and overpriced!
Reviewed 26 August, 2016
We stayed for 6 nights in Salta which is an amazing city!
- Good location, 6 minutes from main plaza.
- Warm Showers.
- When we went to check in were given wrong room, ours was not ready for quite some time later.
- The rooms are dirty, especially the bathrooms with a toilet that leaks.
- The 'shared kitchen' was locked one day and when asked why was told that I am not the boss!
- After breakfast which is rock hard bread and marmalade the dirty cups and plates are rarely cleaned away before mid afternoon.
- The only communal area in the hostel is run as a restaurant so people come and go all night, they are very noisy and you can't use the kitchen after about 1800.
- The owner is incredibly rude, he shouted at me saying he doesn't want me to ever visit his hostel ever again.
- The reception is not always manned so it can take a while to get into the hostel as you have to stand outside ringing the bell until some one answers.
- The owner sleeps in the beds of rooms that are empty until guests check in.
- Owner and staff make you feel like they are doing you a favour to stay there.
- Washing costs extra and you are expected to hang it up and take it back in after.
- After paying to stay 6 nights we were charged to store our bags in the hostel. A price per item!
Very kind and nice Hostal
Reviewed 6 June, 2016
Had been here for 3 nights and everything was very nice. One we had to get up at 5:00 a.m. and the owner gave us hot water even when the breakfast was from 8:00 a.m.
He speaks english which was very helpful.
Just for a night
Reviewed 17 January, 2016
Nothing special, but ok to stay for a night and then go further. 24 hrs reception. Towels for extra price. Nothing special for breakfast as well. Booked via hostelworlds. Also there is a swimming pool.
Reviewed 6 November, 2014
Pros-very friendly English speaking owner, centrally located (10min walk into town square) good quality wifi
Cons-expensive, breakfast was very basic (tea,coffee,cake,water,juice) our room windows opened up to a small courtyard which was being used as storage,bathroom shared a wall with the communal bathroom facilities so was very loud. Unfortunately there was construction being done on one of the rooms (banging with tools from 8.30am-all day). Disappointing for the price.