Calificación por los huéspedes
Calificación de Viajeros
Perfil del Viajero
Resumen de puntajes
Calidad del sueño
Not for everybody, but worked well for me
Opinión escrita el 22 de Agosto de 2021
This is a cute boutique hotel, which emphasizes style over size and quantity, in a great location. The first floor is a bar that opens to the street and serves you a cocktail upon check-in-and you do check in at the bar. I thought the drinks were plenty generous and the bartender was friendly. It was a mixed crowd-a few older couples, a few younger, and lots of singles mingling. A dance track plays all the time. So if you want something more sedate, or traditional hotel-y, this isn't your place. I had a queen room that was tiny, but big enough for me-and the bed is comfortable but takes up most of the floor space. The bathroom is again tiny, but well designed. Coffee is available in the morning, and a "grab and go" area with snacks, plus there is a menu which looked good. The street below is noisy, so bring your earplugs-but there are lots of people out and about and it seems safe enough to walk around to the nearby restaurants, shops and bars, which are plentiful. If you want a traditional hotel with more amenities and space, this isn't your joint, but I thought it was fun for a weekend.
Exceptional Customer Service
Opinión escrita el 14 de Agosto de 2021
I'm beyond impressed with this hotel, and the fact is; my stay isn't until August 18th.
My experience with the hotel staff has been nothing short but amazing. Quite honestly, I've been a pain (calling the hotel directly) at least 4 times in two days. Having said that, they have answered my questions with respect and professionalism every single time. I also got tips and saved over $200 because of their help. Omar (the night auditor) has been exceptional.
I'm excited to stay at this modern and boutique hotel.
I'll be sure to follow up after my stay. I'm confident that it'll be another 5-star experience.
cool concept - great style
Opinión escrita el 27 de Julio de 2021
This is not for everyone, that is for sure, but it worked out pretty well for me and my gf. the drinks at the bar were hit or miss, but the prices were solid and the desk staff was really friendly all the time. really nice design. the rooms are small but they work pretty well. two complaints - noise level was too high and no daily housekeeping.
You know you chose the wrong hotel for your stay when …
Opinión escrita el 26 de Julio de 2021
I just checked into the Moxy Hotel on 6th street in San Diego. The best way to give feedback is to write it this way: "You know you chose the wrong hotel for your stay when …
• you cannot locate where to check-in - the entire floor is a bar and coffee shop.
• you find where to check-in, and it looks like the part of the bar you go to when you need a rag to clean your table.
• the hotel clerk isn't eager to help you because she is socializing with people seated at the check-in liquor bar, debating the merits of being vaccinated.
• the hotel clerk is so young that you could be put in jail for speaking to her.
• liquor is served well into the night, but there is an early hard stop on food.
• you ask which floor the ice machines are on (because you know a place like this won't put one on every floor), and the hotel clerk loads you up with a thin plastic bucket, plastic cups, two water bottles, and no liner for the bucket (gross!!).
• the hotel guests are so young that they cannot make eye contact with others in the elevator.
• the only way to get your room cleaned is to check out and check into a different room.
• the size of your hotel room is less than half the size of your childhood room.
• the TV in your room is bigger than your bed. Slight exaggeration, but not much of a stretch.
• the concrete walls and ceilings in the room give you a feeling that you are sleeping outside
• matching the color of the concrete by using a military gray bed cover is the room's pop color
• the recycling basket is larger than the toilet
• the room temperature is reported in Celsius
• there is nowhere to put your clothes or your suitcase that carried your close
• the chair material is made from a nap sack
• you don't know what some of the things in the room do or are for."
Unlike the items above which are based on truth, the items below are what you would expect from a hotel vibe like this.
"• you cannot see the 2021 Tokyo Olympics because the Olympic Games mean that someone will lose.
• the cable TV station options exclude Fox News.
• you wish you would have paid $30 more for a regular hotel. This last one is true."
Prime location in gaslamp
Opinión escrita el 13 de Junio de 2021
Nice stay - in a prime area for restaurants, bars, general exploring of SD.
Small room, but not unbearable as it was nicely laid out.
I got a late check out - was really annoyed housekeeping knocked at 930, 1030, 1130, and then tried to get in my room at 1135 when each time I said “I’m here, I have a late checkout”. This seems like something a Marriott property can sort out, even in these covid times.
Everyone was very friendly. Coffee in the lobby, welcome drinks are a plus. The front desk is a bar and gives the place a more fun vibe.
Well priced for what you get.