Worst place for the price
Reviewed 14 October, 2020
This place reeks of poop and the rooms are way different,If you were thinking of swimming in the pool you might as well swim in a tub of piss, but it doesn’t stop there the bathrooms are disgusting and you have a risk of getting head lice by just even sleeping on the pillows plus the mattress is probably at least 20 years old for the price I’d rather sleep on the street.
Worst place ever WOULD RATHER SLEEP ON THE GROUND
Reviewed 2 September, 2019
Stayed a number of times. Just kept getting worse and worse every time. If you go on a Friday or Saturday, you will not sleep. The entire place vibrates with music from their “disco”. Even with only 5 people inside, you’d think it was New Years. They fired the only decent cook they had. The front desk guy actually hit on me! And, he was promoted! The manager I showed the text messages to, PROOF that he harassed me, was let go. The last time I was with girlfriends that wanted to be escorted across the border to shop. (They wanted to stay only because of the pool, which was filthy as well) The rooms were so filthy, so badly smelling of mold, we were all sick as dogs when we checked out the net day. I will NEVER go back to this place. I honestly believe it is only in business to launder other money.
Friendly and understanding hotel staff, but that’s it.
Reviewed 22 June, 2019
I will tell you this place has a friendly, understanding, and accommodating staff, but that’s it. While I was waiting to check in, there was a customer adamantly trying to check out. When I got to my room, I realized why. The beds had not been made, towels on the floor, and as an added bonus, the toilet seat was MIA. When I went back to address my concerns the front desk clerk offered to put me in a smoking room, but that wasn’t happening. They kindly refunded my money. At least they are honest people that acknowledge they can do better.
Conveniently Located to Border
Reviewed 7 June, 2019
We stayed here for two days and also in the past. Love the pool! It makes the stay here in my humble opinion. Stayed in 214. Queen double room. Spacious room, with the usual amenities. The only thing that should be addressed is the beds need mattress protectors. When I sat down I could smell the “odor” of an old mattress. Didn’t eat breakfast because our room rated didn’t come with a free breakfast. Loved the palm trees and landscaping. I remember when this hotel when it was in its prime days. I guess it has different owners now? Anyway, we still enjoy staying here. Will be back.
This is a Motel - not a hotel
Reviewed 7 April, 2019
I rely on reviews a lot when I travel and I believe in writing fair and balanced reviews.
I promise a fair and balanced review of Palm Aire Hotel & Suites.
I stayed at this hotel only because I was with a group and this was the group hotel.
Before I start this review, I would like to clarify that this establishment (by definition) is a motel and not a hotel.
"Hotels and motels differ in layout and construction. Hotels can contain hundreds of rooms and several floors; they generally have staircases, elevators and internal corridors that lead to the rooms. Motels commonly have a one- or two-floor layout and guests access their rooms directly from the parking lot."
I will start with the pros.
There is a free breakfast at this hotel. I did not personally partake, but my husband did and he said it was good.
The chair in the room was comfy.
Good water temperature and water pressure.
Sorry, that's where the pros end.
1. I did not feel safe at this "hotel". There was an event at the hotel and most of the parking was taken by event guests. This caused us to have to go to the back of the property where it is very, very dark and there are abandoned buildings.
2. The bar/lounge at this hotel operates as a night club (on Fri and Sat anyway - which are the days we were there). A full band on stage. Our room was totally separate from the lobby area where the lounge is located and we heard the thumping of the band until 2 am on both nights. ie: Unable to sleep because you hear the band as you are lying in bed.
3. Bath towels in the room are very small. One bath towel is the size of 3 hand towels. And only two bath towels in the room.
4. Pillows are lumpy and weird shaped. The mattress was very low quality.
5. We were initially put into a smoking room. I didn't specify (I guess I thought all hotels were smoke-free? - guess not) and they didn't ask.
We had to return to the front desk and ask for a smoke-free room. The smoking room smelled horrible.
6. Our reservation was lost upon arrival. Thankfully, I had a confirmation number. The hotel even emailed me a few days prior to remind me of my reservation. Upon check-in, no record of my reservation.
7. Internet was horrible. 98% of the time my laptop would not connect. Very frustrating if you are needing to take care of business and you can't connect your laptop to the free internet.
8. The pool area is very loud. Loud boom boxes playing music at the pool.
9. People appear to be living in some of the rooms. (long term)
Just reporting in the event that you find that undesirable in a "hotel" setting.
I promised fair and balanced.
We did only spend 59.00/night at this "hotel".
I suppose what we received was worth 59.00 night?
If you are used to staying at a Holiday Inn Express (or similar), this establishment is not the equivalent.
I understand fully that there are budgets that make this type of hotel necessary, but if you think you are getting a nice hotel for a really low price (equivalent to Comfort Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc) you are going to be greatly disappointed.
I cannot recommend this "hotel".